Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My absolute last post on readiness codes/ tank ventilation issues?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:33 PM
CentralCoastC4S
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My absolute last post on readiness codes/ tank ventilation issues?

OK, maybe not my absolute last post but close to it. Hopefully.
I have my appointment with the referee here in California on tomorrow. Something about going to the referee just strikes me as wrong. The car is clean.
It's always passed perfectly. Now all 5 readiness codes won't reset after 5 or 6 perfect drive cycles.
So, I'm reading everything here about the whole thing and something Loren said clicked. I never get any gas smell or pressure release when I hope my gas cap to fill the tank, even on a really hot day. Tank vent problem?

To add to it, a year or more ago I removed the air intake box to get to my SAI valve and replace it. No codes or anything, just figured it needed attention. It did, it was stuck open but the system was not clogged yet, confirmed that. New valve, put the thing back together and went on without thinking about it.
Is there a connection on the back of that airbox that keeps the ventilation system closed and operating? If I didn't get it back on there correctly would it cause issues, no codes thrown but can't get past the ventilation check for readiness codes...

Or is there something else in the tank system that could be failing causing that portion of the readiness code to not reset?

It's a good thing I already have only grey hair, if not, I would by now. This is driving me nuts....

Quick Reply: My absolute last post on readiness codes/ tank ventilation issues?