Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to buy GT2 / RS / Evo?? uprights. what else do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 08:20 PM
P1CR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Going to buy GT2 / RS / Evo?? uprights. what else do I need?

Can you guys help me order the right stuff? I need direction and part numbers..

1. Uprights (PN: 993 341 157 81 and 993 341 158 81)

2. Wheels Bearings (PN: .... and .... )

3. Tie Rods
a. Inner ( ? )
b. Outer ( ? )

4. Anything else?

For reference, I have PSSS10 ready to install, and I will be ordering TRG sway bars on Monday.

Thanks again everyone..

The car is coming together. RS Speedlines should be here late next week, along with bushings, exhaust, and eventually (once re-stocked) a short shift kit from FD Motorsports. WEVO motor mounts are installed. Rennline Adjustable gas pedal is installed, and engine carrier reinforcement gets installed monday.

Once I setup the suspension, I'll consider RS bodywork and removal of front bumperettes.

It seems my slippery slope is actually a spectacular abyss in which I have jumped head first. It was this or a similar venture building an E30 M3 (one of the nicest examples in the US was stolen in Atlanta 7 years ago....from me) Man I'm glad I went this route...
Old 10-03-2009, 08:31 PM
jhummel68
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like things are coming together nicely. I just checked Pelican, for 993 341 157 81 upright use 993-347-031-80 tie rod end. I'm sure this car will be a blast to drive when it is finished.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Smile Wait one minute, please

You write, "For reference, I have PSSS10 ready to install, and I will be ordering TRG sway bars on Monday." Note my comments below are based on the TRG bars and rear drop links I bought about 7 years ago...perhaps now all is mo betah, but I doubt it.

I have the TRG bars. If they are the 25mm front, and the 22mm rear, they are too big (They were cheap at the time, about 1/2 the price of the 23mm front and 20mm rear 993 RS bars.) To get my 993 NB to handle correctly, I have to run the front at full soft. I change the rear to full soft for high speed, full stiff to toss the tail around a bit. With the TRG drop links I wasn't able to use all three adjustment holes on the rear + the TRG banana links were too short. I threw them in the trash...wouldn't burden another Rennlister with this junk.

My first attempt at a fix was to toss the TRG drop links and use the RS links on the rear and stock front drop links with the TRG bars. I kept breaking 993 RS rear drop link brackets and drop links too because of some misalignment in suspension geometry, or...

The fix was to go to Tarrett Engineering drop links front and rear...with these I got the full range of adjustment on the rear...I have adapted to this set up and wont change it until it is time to rebuild my PSS9s...then I'll get the 993RS bars front and rear. Of course I'll have to relearn to drive the car.

Next time I get some funny money, I will rip out the TRGs and replace them with the 993 RS bars. With this set up you don't need Tarrett drop links, the stock 993RS front and rear drop links work fine.

Anyway that is my spin...
Old 10-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by P1CR
Can you guys help me order the right stuff? I need direction and part numbers..

1. Uprights (PN: 993 341 157 81 and 993 341 158 81)

2. Wheels Bearings (PN: .... and .... )

3. Tie Rods
a. Inner ( ? )
b. Outer ( ? )

4. Anything else?

For reference, I have PSSS10 ready to install, and I will be ordering TRG sway bars on Monday.

Thanks again everyone..

The car is coming together. RS Speedlines should be here late next week, along with bushings, exhaust, and eventually (once re-stocked) a short shift kit from FD Motorsports. WEVO motor mounts are installed. Rennline Adjustable gas pedal is installed, and engine carrier reinforcement gets installed monday.

Once I setup the suspension, I'll consider RS bodywork and removal of front bumperettes.

It seems my slippery slope is actually a spectacular abyss in which I have jumped head first. It was this or a similar venture building an E30 M3 (one of the nicest examples in the US was stolen in Atlanta 7 years ago....from me) Man I'm glad I went this route...
993.341.157.81 Wheel carrier /L
993.341.158.81 Wheel carrier /R
993.347.031.81 Tie rod x2
999.053.041.03 front wheel bearing x2

as and alternative to the RS tie rods(they are 2 piece inner/oouter but you must buy them as a unit) you can use the GT2 Evo tierods, the difference is 993RS has hard rubber GT2 Evo is a monoball joint
You can get the full kit From Carnewal, usually takes about a week, great people to deal w/
Old 10-04-2009, 12:53 AM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
You write, "For reference, I have PSSS10 ready to install, and I will be ordering TRG sway bars on Monday." Note my comments below are based on the TRG bars and rear drop links I bought about 7 years ago...perhaps now all is mo betah, but I doubt it.

I have the TRG bars. If they are the 25mm front, and the 22mm rear, they are too big (They were cheap at the time, about 1/2 the price of the 23mm front and 20mm rear 993 RS bars.) To get my 993 NB to handle correctly, I have to run the front at full soft. I change the rear to full soft for high speed, full stiff to toss the tail around a bit. With the TRG drop links I wasn't able to use all three adjustment holes on the rear + the TRG banana links were too short. I threw them in the trash...wouldn't burden another Rennlister with this junk.

Martin, you are a voice of reason IMO.
I've only been messing around with this stuff for ~ 2 1/2 years, but one thing i've learned (for me), is that the TRG bars are too big in diameter = too stiff for anything but car that is used on the big track (assuming a 3000 lb 993).

they are hopeless for AX IMO.

cheers

Craig

Quick Reply: Going to buy GT2 / RS / Evo?? uprights. what else do I need?