Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Going to attempt the "DIY Suspension Install for Dummies" this morning...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 08:48 PM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

..that's nothing compared to what it would look like if I got under my car
Old 01-02-2010, 06:16 PM
C4S993
Pro

I just got back from NTB. Their suspension tune guro said he lasked the required
Kinematic tool. He said that the special tool was just a cambert tool, and the that Porsche rears have two cambers to adjust (one regular nut driven Camber adj and one Kinematic special tool adj driven), what he does is adjust the non Kinematic Camber to match the Kinematic Camber. The Toe is straightforward. My resultant total rear -.75 and Total Rear Toe is .21.
On the Front, my total Camber Front is .20, total front Toe .13

Their machine is the DSP600 and it lacks any Corner Balance controls.

Their manager said that they get all the nearby Posrche Dealer cars to balance. Then why do they lack the special Kinematic tool ?

I am in the process of searching the various nearby PCA web sites to locate a pro corner balance Porsche tech.

Patrick
Old 01-02-2010, 08:16 PM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

Great going guys! While I would rather perform circumcision on myself ...
This post is useless without pics... hahaha... JK ...please don't. Happy New year my frd, are the HD's installed yet?
Old 01-02-2010, 08:47 PM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

The appointment got moved because of the snow storm, and then new years. I'm on the books for middle of next week. My son and I are going to do the Fister 2s before the Eagles/Cowgirls game tomorrow. After that. I'll tackle the calipers and the interior, oh yes, and the HIDs from DDm. Stay tuned. Hope you're having a great time on Vaca! Don't you just admire these guys on here that can do all this stuff themselves?
Old 01-19-2010, 12:35 AM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TORQUE SETTINGS ON FRONT CONTROL ARMS...?

I have been watching this thread and it has helped me immensly on my PSS10 instal. So far I have only got the front left done. In the meantime I have installed the Chris Walrod bushings for the front control arms. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK HARD AND MINDLESS FRUSTRATING MINUTIA! (will be worth it for me though!!!)
Anyway, I need the torques specs on the two large bolts for the control arm, and the two other smaller bolts (caster adjustment and the one that connects to the strut, brake assembly.)

If anyone has a link or can spit out the numbers I would appreciate it!
Thanks

Quick Reply: Going to attempt the "DIY Suspension Install for Dummies" this morning...