Sponsored by:

track 993 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:29 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 161 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Guys . . . unless the OP has asked for our opinions, it's probably best to let the market dictate how realistic the price is. Some might see giving unsolicited feedback as a form of trade interference.

Armand, if you want my opinion, I'll give it to you, but, otherwise, I'll wish you luck.
I didn't realize this was the classifieds section.

I think the input on his price came as a result of a lack of prior responses and a bump.

It seemed to me the board was trying to help by explaining why there is no traffic.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Line
I didn't realize this was the classifieds section.

I think the input on his price came as a result of a lack of prior responses and a bump.

It seemed to me the board was trying to help by explaining why there is no traffic.
Well, it's not the "classified section", but this forum, any forum, actually, is a proper venue for a Rennlist member to sell a model-specific car. The OP did not actually ask for help/opinions on his price, so I would think common courtesy would dictate that the board refrain from providing feedback on the price. We should all think about how we would like others to act when we sell our own goods . . .
Old 09-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, it's not the "classified section", but this forum, any forum, actually, is a proper venue for a Rennlist member to sell a model-specific car. The OP did not actually ask for help/opinions on his price, so I would think common courtesy would dictate that the board refrain from providing feedback on the price. We should all think about how we would like others to act when we sell our own goods . . .
I absolutely agree.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:25 AM
DaveM993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I absolutely agree....also
Old 09-28-2009, 12:36 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Thanks, guys. It's not like my statement is breaking any new ground here at Rennlist; this courtesy has been in effect for quite some time.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:48 AM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 96 Posts

It doesn't say anywhere "list at your own risk" does it? If OP feels his car is worth whatever he's asking
so be it he's entitled to that although some of our opinions might do better kept to ourselves unless we're actually interested in putting our money where our mouth is..
One last point before jumping off the soapbox,it's not "salvaged fo rany number of reasons" ...plural
It's likely salvage branded because of a theft or accident he mentions he received it sans engine and for
a dedicated track car I for one can't think of a better chassis for it..
Now for that price on the other hand we may have to do some 'scussin on that...Bert
Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by John H
My 993 is 5 seconds a lap slower than my former GT4 car at Mid-Ohio. It would be hard to get the 993 to that point IMHO.
I know off topic but all I know is Ill be at the min weight for my motor size in class and once I max out time i can pump the motor up. Either way, Im only out there to race the guy in front of me. Not sure why a 993 could not compete in GT4 when it was very easy to meet weight and engine horsepower is just money. Now the old system with no min weight I would be toast.

Good luck to the original poster for the sale of his 993. If over priced then it will be obvious as it just won't sell, he can always lower the price later but hard to get money back if he askes too low and it sells quickly. Plus it gives him time to change his mind and keep it.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:25 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 161 Likes on 82 Posts

Fair enough.. Sorry for the input.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Duckman
Racer

Guys . . . unless the OP has asked for our opinions, it's probably best to let the market dictate how realistic the price is. Some might see giving unsolicited feedback as a form of trade interference.

Armand, if you want my opinion, I'll give it to you, but, otherwise, I'll wish you luck.
Huh? It's a forum. Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

In this case I don't have an opinion about the car or the price but I do have an opinion about RL members expressing their views. No, none of us have to wait for someone to ask for our opinions before we offer them.

That's only my opinion, of course.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:43 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Mark,

I think that is great that you are stepping out to remind others how to be courteous.

However, the intent of my opinion, and I'm sure of the others here, is to help the OP in pricing his car more realistically so he can sell it.

To the OP. I'm sorry if my comment was taken the wrong way. Good luck with the sale.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,447 Likes on 837 Posts

See now I would be a potential buyer for this car. That said, $47 gets you a pristine C4s. Hence the rub.

At $37, I'd be very interested.

I'm not suggesting the OP lower his price, just saying that its a bit rich for me personally given the specifics.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:52 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Trade interference? Exactly where in the original post stating this "thinking of selling" seller is engaged in the buying/selling of cars? Any cars. This is an internet automotive forum, and we're in a technical discussion subset or the forum. I applaud those who speak intelligently, honestly, and IN GOOD FAITH about whatever might be relevant. And I think this group here overflows "good faith"................

The only attack on the car, if you can even call it that, is not-so-subtly pointing out the salvage title. And that's huge once you get past cars that are bought for spare change, or are pure competition cars that may be sold merely with a bill of sale.

Ultimately, can you be more tactful that saying basically, "hey, you're X% overpriced"? Sure. But if (as I did privately earlier this year) I throw the yellow car out there at $40K and someone tells me I'm full of it, well I've got a thick skin.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:45 PM
armand993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default track car

hi guys i actually have several interested parties,i bumped my post only so that it would get seen on sunday when there is alot of traffic on this site, i did post my car in the for sale section for members only as well . as a rennlister for 4 years i was offering my car first to rennlisters ,as that is what we do. as for the unsolicitated price comparisson not a problem i am not going to get in a pissing contest with anyone . if they came and looked at and drove my car and saw the work and hours i put into it , it may change there minds, but everyone has an opinion . thanks for sticking up for me mark as for the salvage title of course the car is perfectly straight and it is a track car never to be returned to original or sold as a street car . if it does not sell no problem it will be waiting for me when i can get back to the track . keep smiling guy . later armand
Old 10-03-2009, 04:07 PM
armand993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default track car new price

hi guys it seems market dictates a new lower price on my car. now asking $42000.00. i will still consider partial trade of clean 993. if considering taking your 993 to the next level consider my car first. thanks armand
Old 10-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 I don't know why this always happens on FS threads.

Quick Reply: track 993 for sale