Sponsored by:

Best looking....and reliable.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 07:27 PM
993/907
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best looking....and reliable.

I agree....the 993 is the best looking of the 911 series, hands down in my opinion. And mine has been super reliable. It is a driver, summer and winter. Mine is a '95 I purchased new in late '96...white with black partial leather, cup wheels, sunroof.

With 68k miles, I have had only a few problems:
Under warranty, the clutch slave cylinder was replaced (noisy).
At about 30k miles the rack part of the rack & pinion steering went bad; the steering wheel would go 'off center' if it was turned briskly. Dealer replaced it at a discount.
At about 50k miles I had a problem with the brakes intermittently going soft, nearly to the floor. Indy shop chased it for about 6 weeks and finally found a back-check valve way back around the engine was leaking; replaced and no problem since.
Just had the brake pads and rotors done (first time) at 65k miles.
I still have a niggling problem with the climate control unit, all radio speakers have failed (one at a time), and the immobilizer occasionaly acts strangely.
The paint has held up well, nearly as shiny as it was 14 years ago. (You guys will gag, but the worst paint problem is where the body color has been "sandblasted" off lower the trailing edge of the wheel wells).

Otherwise that's it......which I think is wonderful for a high performance sports car driven in some horrible winter conditions.

Quick Reply: Best looking....and reliable.