Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Somebody buy these Supercup Wheels . . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 05:20 AM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larpy
They charged $100 for shipping which I thought was fair. I have paid for them so they should be on their way Monday. Who would I speak to or whom do you recommend to have the rears rebuilt?
$100 is very fair for the shipping. I don't know who to call for getting the wheels rebuilt for NB fitment without doing a bit of research, but it looks like abt cup just handed you a great solution. If I had known that would be offered, I would have bought the wheels myself ! Enjoy.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Thatcher
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

993 pilot is right, $100 is very fair for shipping 18" wheels. Most businesses would mark up shipping a bit, and would charge $150.

It sounds like Larpy really wants to make these work on his car.. Which is great. Most guys would have just taken the trade for wheels that are built for a narrowbody. I'm thinking he'll just have to swap on a narrower outer lip and possibly inner barrel on the rear wheels, the fronts should be fine as is. The good news is, I can sell new narrower 18" parts to work on his wheels, and I can even take his used parts in trade. The bad news is, I might not have outers that are narrow enough.. It appears that the rears have 3" outers. I don't have anything narrower than that.

Last edited by Thatcher; 09-20-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:42 PM
friar93
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

very nice....they look very similar to the Speedlines that came on my Targa and I like them a lot.....having them as 18" instead of 17" will make them look that much better. GL
Old 09-21-2009, 08:31 PM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have decided to hold onto the rims until I can find some new lips to make them fit. I have had offers for double what I paid for them but think I love the look so they are keepers.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:26 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

I have decided to hold onto the rims until I can find some new lips to make them fit. I have had offers for double what I paid for them but think I love the look so they are keepers.
+1...that's what I would do. You have a chance to rebuild these into a very aggressive sweet set of wheels....a narrowbody fitment of 9.5" ET40 and 11" ET55 would make for an awesome set of wheels and you could easily recoup your total outlay to spec them out if you ever decide to sell them
Old 09-22-2009, 02:31 AM
993_Pilot
Three Wheelin'

I have decided to hold onto the rims until I can find some new lips to make them fit... I have had offers for double what I paid for them...
That's why I probably should have shut my mouth and clicked the buy it now button. At least another Rennlister is going to put them to good use instead of flipping them for a profit. If it were me, I take the easy way and make the trade, but you should be able to find the right parts to make them work, Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Somebody buy these Supercup Wheels . . .