Sponsored by:

FD Motorsports WB stone guards

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Nollie
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default FD Motorsports WB stone guards

I bought some stone guards a few weeks back from FD Motorsports. I finally got some time to get them on. Boy what an improvement they look great imho, great job FDM! Reading the howto and watching the video gave me the knowledge I needed. Using a window tinting squeegee I went from this:

To this (yes they are really on there!):

Note of caution to others... if you take out the stone guards (say while in the car heading home to check them out) and remove them from the wrapping they come in. Do NOT try to put them back in the tube without the wrapping around them. You'll likely get cardboard on one of the edges (I should know...). BTW if you're _really_ careful and use slip solution on a section that has cardboard on it, you can get most of it off.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:00 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Wow, looks great. I have to get a set....
Old 09-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Gary996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nollie:

Your new stone guards Look great! How difficult was it to remove the old stone guards?

Gary
Old 09-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Nollie
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary996
Nollie:

Your new stone guards Look great! How difficult was it to remove the old stone guards?

Gary
The driver's side guard came off and left no adhesive, ziltch, zero, nada. I was pleased so I tried the passenger side... not as lucky. Both sides came off remarkably easy. The adhesive on the passenger side took some time but it eventually came off (~30 minutes with googone). Here are the pics after I took off the passenger guard and after I got the adhesive off. I used more painters tape than I really needed... two small bits would've done the trick but I wanted to be sure heh.

Quick Reply: FD Motorsports WB stone guards