Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rear Deck Mat pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I really don't see the point. There is a carpet like backing on the back of my black fold down seats already. Are some of the seat backs finished differently or not at all?
Old 09-10-2009, 12:58 AM
pstraub
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bergamasco
Sorry, I really don't see the point. There is a carpet like backing on the back of my black fold down seats already. Are some of the seat backs finished differently or not at all?
I think the point is that if you carry anything back there while the seats are folded down, the mat will protect your seat-backs. It also gives the back a little more of a finished look (IMHO) and it's always fun (for some) to add another 'PORSCHE' or Carrera logo in a complementary thread color. It's definitely a personal choice, kind of like saying, "what's the point of getting new wheels, aren't the stock Porsche wheels good enough?" I am probably a bad person to ask, as I am currently waiting for delivery of my 4th set of wheels since I bought my 993
Old 09-10-2009, 01:06 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,038 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by pstraub
I am currently waiting for delivery of my 4th set of wheels since I bought my 993
The more different wheels for your car the better. Gives the car a new look whenever you want. (My basement looks like a tirerack warehouse!)

Love the mat BTW.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:08 AM
pstraub
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
The more different wheels for your car the better. Gives the car a new look whenever you want. (My basement looks like a tirerack warehouse!)

Love the mat BTW.
I hear ya Tim, each time I have thought "OK, this is my last set of wheels for sure" WRONG, but I think I have it right this time. I am waiting for delivery of my OZ Alleggeritas in black, probably another few weeks. All the best

Quick Reply: New Rear Deck Mat pics