Sponsored by:

Uploading Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 02:22 PM
daltvater
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Uploading Pictures

Am I missing something here? Do I have to click 'upload photo" every time I want to post a pic? I'm sick of entering my password, cutting and pasting, having multiple windows open and writing [/img] every time.

On Pelican I just hit attach photo, takes 2 seconds. Is there way to do this that I'm missing?

thanks in advance for the help!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:41 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure I get your post, it seems easier to upload multiple pics on Rennlist than Pelican. Either way it's a few clicks to manage attachments.

I always just use IMG tags within the post, either choosing a file hosted somewhere randomly (from a google image search usually, as is the case above,,) or hosted on my smugmug account.

If you forget the syntax you can click the Insert Image icon, then from there it's just a matter of copying that line as many times as you'd need, replacing the URL (full address) for each individual photo.

Using this method you can easily duplicate a post between here and Pelican or any other forum that uses the standard IMG tags, by cutting/pasting the whole text of the post, IMG tags and all.

So the image above is embedded with the following (with the before/after extra spaces removed)

[IMG] http://i34.tinypic.com/2lay8zr.jpg [/IMG]
Old 09-03-2009, 04:54 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uploading pics onto Rennlist can be a hassle since there is a size limit. IMHO it's much easier to upload to Photobucket or a similar site and then post the link in your Rennlist post as an image link (ie using [IMG] before and after the link) as per above.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts

To download photos in your posting, first download the photos from your camera to a free online photo service. I use www.photobucket.com. Very fast and free.

After downloading the photos, left click and highlight and copy the "IMG" that is listed below the photo.

Now go back to Rennlist and in the posting you will see a yellow box with a dark square in the upper right corner. Left click on this and it will give you an "Explorer User Prompt" box. Insert the address you copied from Photobucket in the box. Make sure you don't end up with two http's in the box; one from the address and one that is already in the box when you open it.

If you need more help, let me know and I'll walk you through it.

It is very easy once you do it.

Chuck

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Uploading Pictures