Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible 1998 C4S for sale *** NOW WITH PICS***

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Well MAPC a big plus to your sleuthing abilities. I bailed on this car because the price was way to high for me to get involved. A dealer that I know in town is selling it for the owner. I washed my hands of it as of late last night. I have been talking to a Rennlister about the car, but the owner is being unreasonable in his price. So that is why I haven't contacted you. So no deceit here. If you want to contact the dealer and pay 34K for a car that has water damage I'll be happy to set up a one on one with them and you can hash it out. Just let me know. With 6 posts I am glad to see that you are on top of things. Best regards.

Mike

Mike
Old 10-18-2009, 04:29 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Arena993
Well MAPC a big plus to your sleuthing abilities. I bailed on this car because the price was way to high for me to get involved. A dealer that I know in town is selling it for the owner. I washed my hands of it as of late last night. I have been talking to a Rennlister about the car, but the owner is being unreasonable in his price. So that is why I haven't contacted you. So no deceit here. If you want to contact the dealer and pay 34K for a car that has water damage I'll be happy to set up a one on one with them and you can hash it out. Just let me know. With 6 posts I am glad to see that you are on top of things. Best regards.

Mike

Mike
Hey Mike,
I understand if you don't want to get specific, but what do you think this car is worth wholesale/retail based on it's 'history'?
Old 10-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Arena993
Race Car

JPP

Not to ramble on again, but I have been dealing with this MF (owner) for going on 2 months (almost daily) and to be made out to be a person that is not being upfront is just not true. Now to your question the car is higher than it should be for what happened. Retail IMHO should be 29-30. Now that car has been somewhat detailed and does have every service record from the dealer since 14,000 miles. The car now has 68,000 miles (60K service done). If the car did not have the water intrusion it would be a different story. The owner thinks it's gold. I do know the dealer and he is a good guy, but he is just hooking the car for the owner he gets a commission at the sale. IMHO this is a car you want to buy cheap because of possible issues down the road. I hope this helps.

Mike
Old 10-18-2009, 05:17 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Not to ramble on again, but I have been dealing with this MF (owner) for going on 2 months
Massey Ferguson?

Andreas
Old 10-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Nine11
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Massey Ferguson?

Andreas
Mother F*cker?
Old 10-18-2009, 05:25 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Massey Ferguson?

Andreas
...stop..., you're killin' me ....
Old 10-18-2009, 08:09 PM
alpinadvl
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MAPC
....Not sure why the OP has not been willing to respond to those of us (including me) who have asked for an update, but this sure looks like it.
Just a "heads up".... the OP (original poster) is a very well regarded member on this forum. I am sure he has reasons for not responding... and I am also sure he will come forward with an explanation if one is warranted.

ADDED :
Ignore the above(with the exception of Mike being a well regarded member of these forums)... did not see the threads that followed Marc's inquiry.

MF? .... Move Faster ?
Old 10-18-2009, 08:48 PM
MAPC
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

To all- I did not mean to imply anything regarding the OP other than that we all wondered what had happened and that he hadn't responded. No intent to suggest that he was not honest or anything else---just that I have been looking for a reasonably priced 993 C4S and have been trying to track the trade price of several of them and this was one that had gone silent....until I found the 'fixed' one on AutoTrader.

I am sending the OP a PM on this as well---he might be surprised as to what the dealer/broker is saying about the car.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Arena993
Race Car

No harm no foul here. I worked this car for 2 months and now a dealer (one that I know well) has the car. I will leave it up to him on what to say and how to describe the car. The best I can do is to stand behind what I originally posted about the car. A fair and honest assessment with all known issues disclosed. I even included pics of the car midstream in the repair process. One thing I have learned in selling cars (especially 993's) you have to have full disclosure, which I did. I have also sold 3 993's and numerous parts on the board with good results. I HAVE NO AFFILIATION OR INVESTMENT WITH THIS SALE I do know about the car, where the car is located and the dealer selling it. So again no harm no foul I just want to make sure that the link you posted wasn't affiliated with me. Reputation is important as you will see the more time you spend here. Good luck in your C4S hunt.

Mike
Old 10-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Arena993
Race Car

PM replied to and you should post the response you got for others to see. My concern was that people were still under the impression that I was affiliated with the car. My offer fell through

Mike
Old 10-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Aah, so this is the car. It popped up on my radar until I ran a Carfax on it. The report says on 5/15/2000 this car was:

Police Report Accident Reported
Involving left side impact
It hit a motor vehicle
Moderate/Severe damage reported

So now it's also a car with water damage.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:43 PM
alpinadvl
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Marc, thanks for clarifying.

--> post more on these forums, especially if you are searching for something... there are many that will pm you privately to help you out. more than personally enjoying driving a 993/Porsche... is the enjoyment in helping others find/purchase one (I have put at least 10 friends into porsche I have found for them !)

alf

Originally Posted by MAPC
To all- I did not mean to imply anything regarding the OP other than that we all wondered what had happened and that he hadn't responded. No intent to suggest that he was not honest or anything else---just that I have been looking for a reasonably priced 993 C4S and have been trying to track the trade price of several of them and this was one that had gone silent....until I found the 'fixed' one on AutoTrader.

I am sending the OP a PM on this as well---he might be surprised as to what the dealer/broker is saying about the car.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:10 AM
MAPC
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

FOR ALL- here is the email that I sent, and the response that I received. Unfortunately, not 100% disclosure. Another great example of Caveat Emptor, I am afraid. Too bad---as I LOVE Midnight blue on the wide bodies!

WHAT I SENT:
What is the ownership/body work/mechanical work/interior work history on this car? Clean CARFAX? Love the color and am definitely looking for a 993 C4S.

WHAT HE REPLIED:
Thanks for the inquiry on the Porsche. This car is a one owner purchased in Texas and then transferred to Kentucky. It has a clean carfax except a minor accident in 2000. Another vehicle backed into the quarter panel in a parking lot. No structure damage just cosmetic. Extensive service history. If you have any other questions please contact us.

Oh well--the search continues....please forward to me any decent sub-$40K C4S's. I know there aren't a lot of them out there, but I know there will be a few....
Old 10-19-2009, 09:00 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Reputation is important as you will see the more time you spend here.
What happened in WV, damn well stays in WV!

Andreas
Old 10-19-2009, 10:44 AM
jhummel68
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Poor squirrel! I bet he is feeling a little less than clean right now.

Quick Reply: Possible 1998 C4S for sale *** NOW WITH PICS***