Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the latest in car buying scams?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

I can't believe it, it actually worked out. Awesome! You got your price, easy deal, he didn't even do his own PPI? Perfect, no hassle, no stress.

Do the seats really go back on a 530i BMW? They definitely don't on my 7. If you want reliable, I'd pass on the Audi and go Acura. They are pretty much indestructible and hardly even break down. My buddy's Audi A4 is constantly needing expensive repairs and his mileage isn't really that high though it is wayyyy out of warranty. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck, the fun begins again.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:50 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
Good deal!!!

It's too bad that we feel like we have to be inherently suspicious, especially just because someone has an unfamiliar accent or an odd syntax in an email.
Awareness is good, but suspicion sucks. Just the world the world is now, I guess.
Like Steve said, something's been lost forever, due to the underbelly element.

I read the email and it didn't put me on guard, and I'm always lookout for that kind of stuff. This one just sounded like somebody who maybe learned English later in life to me. Maybe I'm just naive.
I think he was German, seemed like he had a very slight accent in person so I think you're right, he just used his syntax a little different. It really does seem like we've passed an age of innocence or something. All the scams just chip away at our faith in our fellow man.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats Roger. I am glad that your mutual bank was able to help you with the transaction. Some stories have a happy ending.

Quick Reply: What's the latest in car buying scams?