Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Porsche Palooza in Eureka Springs, AR (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/518329-porsche-palooza-in-eureka-springs-ar.html)

Slow Guy 10-08-2009 02:06 PM

Just registered for the hotel, the only non-smoking rooms left are upgraded rooms w/ 2 queen beds. The outrageous rate of $89 (gee, things are much cheaper in AR). Am working on getting registered for Palooza itself now.

Chuck S., look forward to meeting you finally. Are you planning a meetup in the Memphis area? I'd love to ride over there with you. Have radar detector, will travel.

bbs993tt 10-08-2009 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by kshipp (Post 6960233)
Brian/Everyone - You don't have to drive a Porsche to attend/visit the event. Drive anything you like. My father is driving his Lexus, so feel free to drive anything you like. We'll be going up very early that morning because I'll be showing large prints again this year (from last year's event).

Travis - thanks for posting the link to my website for the Palooza event books & prints! If anyone wants one of those prints, please order asap - so I can bring the print with me. http://www.kellyshipp.com/photos/porsche-palooza.php

Here are some samples from last year...

Kelly, those are some great pics from last year. I didn't even know they existed until Travis posted the link. Looking forward to meeting you this time.

csertich 10-08-2009 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by 993BillW (Post 6969697)
Just registered for the hotel, the only non-smoking rooms left are upgraded rooms w/ 2 queen beds. The outrageous rate of $89 (gee, things are much cheaper in AR). Am working on getting registered for Palooza itself now.

Chuck S., look forward to meeting you finally. Are you planning a meetup in the Memphis area? I'd love to ride over there with you. Have radar detector, will travel.

Bill,

We usually meet at the first rest stop that you come to on I-40 as you enter Arkansas. Normally meet that Friday morning (11/13) at 9:30 or so. I'll keep you posted. It's a fun drive.

chuck

bbs993tt 10-14-2009 02:52 PM

Hello all,

Palooza is fast approaching and it's time to start planning. Last year, several from Dallas hooked up with several from Arkansas to drive the final leg into Eureka together.

For anyone interested in joining this year, we'll plan on meeting at around 2:30pm on Friday the 13th (uh oh). The meeting place will be same as last year which is the Hwy 23 North exit from I-40 in Ozark, AR. I believe it's exit 35. There's a small store of some sort on the west side of 23 just about 1/4 mile north of I-40.

For those who don't know, Hwy 23 is aka the Pig Trail and is about 2 hours of twisties that leads right into Eureka.

Chime in if you plan on joining the fun so no one gets left behind.

NightFlyer 10-14-2009 03:03 PM

You know I'm in! Did you post on the other boards too to see if any of those guys want to join?

BufordTJ 10-14-2009 07:12 PM

We need to do that. Do you know how Jason?

Also some of us are meeting at around 12:30 in Alma (I-40 Exit 13) for lunch. Everyone's invited. We'll decide where when we get closer to the 13th.

csertich 10-14-2009 11:52 PM

I know it's out there on the Pelican forum.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Those of us coming from the east may cut off before the pig tail like we did last year. We had a pretty nice route and we got off I-40 sooner. I'll let everyone know.

chuck

mcfeeley1071 10-15-2009 10:23 AM

It just hit me, but does any one know if Hans and the Rufs are coming this year? Haven't seen them signed up on the Palooza site and just thought I would ask.

Slow Guy 10-15-2009 10:48 AM

Well, the way it looks right now I'm going to have to both lead and try to keep up on the spirited drive by myself since I'm the only one in a Cayenne! Maybe they'll just have me following behind the 944's in case they break down....:icon107:....but then who's going to follow me in case my coolant tubes or cardian shaft goes?? :crying:

Look forward to the trip, just hope no one tries to load me up with child seats....

bbs993tt 10-15-2009 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by mcfeeley1071 (Post 6987807)
It just hit me, but does any one know if Hans and the Rufs are coming this year? Haven't seen them signed up on the Palooza site and just thought I would ask.

I talk to them frequently about it and last I heard on Monday, they hadn't decided who will be attending. I'm sure someone will as they are a sponsor. Wayne told me that he hopes to go this year because he missed last year.

tjangi 10-15-2009 11:28 AM

OT: Mini Cooper

sorry wrong channel

BufordTJ 10-15-2009 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by csertich (Post 6987219)
I know it's out there on the Pelican forum.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Those of us coming from the east may cut off before the pig tail like we did last year. We had a pretty nice route and we got off I-40 sooner. I'll let everyone know.

chuck

Chuck,
You guys need to try HWY 123 (Lurton,ar to Hasty, ar) on your way up. This road is a must in AR!!
See if this link will work.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.666046&z=11

murfysflaw 10-15-2009 06:47 PM

I'll second that. Absolutely amazing!

Originally Posted by BufordTJ (Post 6989367)
Chuck,
You guys need to try HWY 123 (Lurton,ar to Hasty, ar) on your way up. This road is a must in AR!!
See if this link will work.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.666046&z=11

bbs993tt 10-15-2009 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by murfysflaw (Post 6989383)
I'll second that. Absolutely amazing!

Patrick, will you and Mike be meeting us at the Pig Trail?

csertich 10-15-2009 08:28 PM

Travis/Patrick-thanks for the recommendation on hwy 123. I'm trying to plan our route now and I'll factor that in.

See you there!
chuck