Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB - Need your help on finding a nice C4S for my brother in law.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:06 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default WTB - Need your help on finding a nice C4S for my brother in law.

He is a longtime Porsche enthusiast and is ready to bite the bullet. He started looking on the typical places such as eBay, etc. I cringed when he started sending me links of cars on ebay. I told him that I would post here since I would much rather him buy from a rennlister.

This car is going overseas. He'll purchase the car in cash after a successful PPI and I would arrange the shipping overseas in Miami. I would still need to get the car to Atlanta (unless the car is already in Miami)

He is looking for the following car:

- 993 C4S
- Standard colors such as Silver, Black, Red, Arena, etc are OK. He doesn't want too bright colors such as Yellow, Riviera Blue, etc.
- Black or Cashmere interior color, no light or gray interiors
- No wood interior pieces
- Doesn't want any chips or mods either.
- Prefers the car to be as close as factory as possible with no or very little mods. (lets see for how long)
- No dents, body work, paint jobs, etc.
- Prefers 6 speed, but may entertain a Tip if everything else checks out.
- Mileage around 30K-40K
- Price around $45K.

If you have such a car or know someone that does, please PM me or post it here. Also, if there is a link to one somewhere that fits the bill, please let me know as well.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 PM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts

Hes not that picky about the transmission? Interesting. My 4S is still for sale - but I have a bunch of mods. May not be his cup of tea.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:15 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

He wants a 6 speed, but to my surprise, he said that if the right car comes along that has a Tip, he would also consider it.

I guess when he said "no mods", he's afraid that the car has been tinkered with too much. What do you mean a bunch of mods? By looking at your avatar, I think that's a combo that he'll be interested on. Do you have a link to your for sale ad?
Old 08-11-2009, 10:34 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a nice 98 C4S on Ebay. Midnight Blue/Cashmere.

I bought my 95 C4 and Bronco on Ebay---no issues whatsoever. The last 4 cars I have purchased, 2 were bought unseen and driven, one I just pointed at it and said I would take it, my Navigator I test drove right before I handed a check over for it. My impression is not every Porsche (or car in general) on Ebay has a story. The story is the information you get from the seller, records, and someone with a decent rating on Ebay. There has probably been a Rennlister or two that has had a bad experience buying from another Rennlister.

In 193 transactions on Ebay, I have yet to have 1 bad experience buying or selling in 8 years.

So there is my defense for Ebay. :-)
Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 AM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Met a guy in town who has a 96 C4S that he wants to sell. Will follow him up and get you more info and perhaps post pics.

It's Polar Silver with Black Interior---Hardback Sport Seats.
Factory Aerokit Wing
Turbo Twist rims
Lowered suspension ( not sure what equipment used)
27,xxx miles.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:08 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

No 4S tip. But obviously if he's not dead set on AWD, there are plenty of 2S tips out there.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:20 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
There is a nice 98 C4S on Ebay. Midnight Blue/Cashmere.
In 193 transactions on Ebay, I have yet to have 1 bad experience buying or selling in 8 years.

So there is my defense for Ebay. :-)
Yeah, I saw that one and it actually looks very good. I think it is a Wilhoit car right? I actually found my car on ebay, but there are also a lot of bad apples out there for someone that doesn't know what they are looking at.

Originally Posted by kdurg
Met a guy in town who has a 96 C4S that he wants to sell. Will follow him up and get you more info and perhaps post pics.

It's Polar Silver with Black Interior---Hardback Sport Seats.
Factory Aerokit Wing
Turbo Twist rims
Lowered suspension ( not sure what equipment used)
27,xxx miles.
Thanks Keith. That will fit the bill perfect, depending on price. Please let me know what you find out.

Originally Posted by race911
No 4S tip. But obviously if he's not dead set on AWD, there are plenty of 2S tips out there.
Yes, I've seen a lot out there now. Not sure why, but he is set on the 4WD idea. I tried to talk him into the C2S but he won't budge. So, C4S it is.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:34 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Does anybody know anything about this car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

What is the general consensus with Willhoit? Is it the same as Premier in Missouri? I did a search but I got a mixed bag. He seems to have some nice cars with low mileage. Or does he?

TIA
Old 08-12-2009, 07:47 PM
stace
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

can't add much to your search but I can say that car has been for sale a few months and the price keeps easing lower. (caught my eye awhile back) its my absolute favorite color combo and low miles. looks like a sweeeeeet 993!

good luck with the hunt!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:52 AM
ga993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sergio, see http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=491448
Old 08-13-2009, 09:22 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Originally Posted by stace
can't add much to your search but I can say that car has been for sale a few months and the price keeps easing lower. (caught my eye awhile back) its my absolute favorite color combo and low miles. looks like a sweeeeeet 993!
Thanks! yes, I've seen it for a while and every time they relist it, it's a lower price. It makes me wonder why they haven't snatched it at this price. Willhoit prices are usually high as far as I can tell, but not on this one with so many desirable options and low mileage. Hmmmm

Originally Posted by ga993
Wow. great find. Thanks Brandon. That's EXACTLY the car that he is looking for. The price is higher that what he's willing to spend and getting into Turbo territory at $54K. I will send him this link. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: WTB - Need your help on finding a nice C4S for my brother in law.