Sponsored by:

A good idea poorly executed

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 03:40 PM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A good idea poorly executed

http://www.automotion.com/product.as...1&dept_id=4913 Has anyone ever seen anything like this that has been well done in terms of material and cosmetics? There definitely is a need for something like this.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:51 PM
VNTGSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm. Even if well done, it reminds me of putting plastic covers on a sofa. Nothing like keeping something in perfect condition FOR THE NEXT OWNER. Even worse is when it comes at the expense of comfort and asthetics. I'm a believer in taking good car of my things and preserving them as much as possible but not at the expense of experiencing the joy of using them.

I think leather restoration is pretty reasonable if you factor it over mileage driven, just like any other maintenance item.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:03 PM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VNTGSPD
I think leather restoration is pretty reasonable if you factor it over mileage driven, just like any other maintenance item.
I agree but that raises a good question. What is real leather restoration like on Porsche seats? I've seen the type of heavy re-dying that gets done to mask the "scratches" from driver entry and exit but it eventually just wears off, putting the seats right back where they were. Are you talking about leather section replacement of the side bolsters?

Quick Reply: A good idea poorly executed