993 Forum 1995-1998

Silver Center Caps with Silver Crests

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 04:57 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Silver Center Caps with Silver Crests

I ran across Silver painted centercaps with Silver crests on the Bumperplugs website today. At $475 shipped, a little spendy, but I thought they were 'Unobatnium'. Anyone have any or seen them in person? They don't have a picture on the website, but you can toggle for color and select that combination when you order.

http://bumperplugs.com/BPindex.html

Last edited by JPP; 08-02-2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Link didn't work
Old 08-02-2009, 06:42 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
Anyone have any?
John-- These them (below)? If so:
- I contacted bumplerplugs.com about them last August.
- I have a set on my 993. Related post 'Kudos to Jenk12M & Old Guy'; & post #2.

PS Thanks for PMs on different subjects. I'm behind on answers to a bunch of y'all.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:05 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Smile Paging David in LA or Hong Kong...

Related, if the above are what you're after: Perhaps a source for both silver & black-painted edges around above silver-crest centers...

Hoping David in LA will post more photos & details about these beauties, that he may have purchased from Techart.
Link to request in the "Who has coolest wheels on their 993?" thread.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silver crests wouldn't be a problem if Ralph (Boothe) hadn't been screwed-over by PNA. I have no-turn silver on a CS, and silver on my 993, and they are great. Got the same crests (smaller) for the SW on both cars. All from BootheDesign, a great source; but he can't sell silver without Porsche legal threats. For an independent little guy, legal costs in fighting a big guy are outrageous. We all loose because PNA is so controlling. Wow, just imagine the potential image damage by those preferring silver to gold on the crests. So instead of jeweler quality from a great guy, the market will enable some crap to flow in from abroad. Way to go PNA. EOR (end of rant).
Old 08-02-2009, 08:17 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover
John-- These them (below)? If so:
- I contacted bumplerplugs.com about them last August.
- I have a set on my 993.
Nice. Those must be them. I thought they were no longer available.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:58 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Raptor-- +1! As far as I can tell, Ralph's brilliant, talented, & a Porsche enthusiast. The last kind you want to be targeted by the factory's lawyers. I suspect Porsche Design's even been inspired by the quality of Boothe's work.

What comments have you received about the no-turn centers? The rarest of the rare.
Please post pix of your rides as a tribute to Ralph
Originally Posted by JPP
Nice. Those must be them. I thought they were no longer available.
I hope you hear good things from Eric @ BumperPlugs. When I was searching over a year ago, he was the last source I had heard of. Back then, he only had one set, Boothe's no-turn technology, & was asking $700.

I've never seen any others in person, but lucked across a set here on RL. Thanks to the generosity & teamwork of both Old Guy & Jenk12M, I'm absolutely thrilled with these centers.
Right after mine arrived in the mail, GT Porsche, published photos of 'em on their cover car, a 993 Turbo. Scha-wing!

If I understood David in LA's post in the "Wheel" thread, he might have another source. We'll (no pun intended) see.

Likewise, Eric said he was trying to find a new source, but that it didn't look good. That was last August. From what you wrote, I hope bumperplugs.com has 'em again -- good luck!

Quick Reply: Silver Center Caps with Silver Crests