CDR 21 code

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Robert993TT
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CDR 21 code

Official dealer wants $ 200 to produce the code to
a CD-r 21. I think it's a little too much to ask for the inconvenience.

A radio dealers I have been in contact with says Becker here in Sweden is a bit difficult to deal with.

Have seen that there are online sites that claim to be able to generate codes. Is there anyone who used the services of any of them?

I bought the radio on German Ebay. Asked about the code before purchase and the seller said it was not necessary. Thought it was deactivated. Consider contacting the seller again and ask him to contact Becker or a Porsche dealer in Germany. Perhaps they are easier to deal with.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:32 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

Bet you can purchase a used cdr with code for alot less than $200.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Robert993TT
Racer

I am not so sure about that. I been looking for one for quite some time before I found one for sale here i Europe. Auction ended at nearly $ 390.

Did not think the dealer would have the gall to take $ 200 to produce the code. Is that an expression used in the English language by the way?
Old 07-29-2009, 06:16 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think some dealers over here will do it for free. I can ask my local one if you run out of options. I would think they would need the VIN, but I am not sure how they store that info.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Robert993TT
Racer

Thank you very much for the offer. My first step is to contact
the seller to ask him in turn contact Becker or a dealer in Germany.
Will also put a request in this forum:
http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...howtopic=18982

Here is one of the online services I had in mind in my original post:
http://www.radio-code.co.uk/becker-c...sche-p196.html

Unfortunately, it means that you have to send over the radio to England, but
probably cheaper in the end than a dealer in Sweden.

I believe that a dealer only need the serial number on the radio
to be able to generate code. An American dealer will
probably contact Becker to get the code for the radio. Hard to believe
that they keep their own records.

Last resort is to go to a Swedish dealer.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Robert993TT
Racer

I´ve got two codes to try within minutes on the renntech site. Have not been able to try them yet so I don´t know it they work.

The seller have not answerd my email so far. He forgott to provide me with the "mounting casette" too. Is there anyone who can tell if it is possible to order one from a dealer or Becker?
Old 12-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Robert993TT
Racer

Update

I got the code to the radio from the seller eventually. Unfortunately, my problems did not stop there. A company installed the radio for me. It turned out that one button was not working and that the player was out of order. Not only that. Within hours the battery was discharged.

Sent off the radio to a Becker repairer and asked him to fix the button, CD player, and check that there was something wrong with the radio, which meant that the battery discharges itself. Got it back and let the re-install the radio again. The same thing happened again.

The installer said he installed the radio correct. The radio had just been checked by a Becker repairer and he could not find anything wrong.

Booked an appointment with an official Porsche dealer. They found that the radio spent a lot of power and that all contacts were originals.

Sent back the to the radio repairman. He returned a few days later and said he could not find anything wrong with the radio and asked some supplementary questions. He decided to help me. Yesterday I was there. He spent several hours in which he systematically measured the electricity consumption on the radio.

We concluded that the radio does not shut down the amplifier. He tried with a newer Becker radio and it worked flawlessly. Compared the electrical diagram on both of them and made a modification to the circuit boards so that the radio turned off the amplifier when the disconnect. Unfortunately, he still thought that consumption was slightly high and will contact Becker in Germany for advice.

The Alpine radio worked flawlessly as well. I might just reinstall it if it does nog work out with the CDR- 21.

The CDR 21 should work with the Nokia amplifier as the cars came with the combination. Or was it so that the CDR 21 was installed without the amplifier?

Is there anyone who experienced anything similar?

Quick Reply: CDR 21 code