Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

The Deed is Done, The Search is Over - I'm a 993 Owner - Mandatory Pics Within

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nick, congradulations on the purchase, I am glad that you like the 993. It looks like you found a great example. Now I might need to drive it to compare with my 964! Have fun with it and give me a call and lets get together.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Warpig
Pro

Originally Posted by Streetfighter
Nick, congradulations on the purchase, I am glad that you like the 993. It looks like you found a great example. Now I might need to drive it to compare with my 964! Have fun with it and give me a call and lets get together.
Any time! Any time!

Nick
Old 07-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

You out driving that thing today!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:53 PM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice find,and Low Mile 993's are becoming more and more rare. ENJOY!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Warpig
Pro

I have some things... odds & ends I'd like to take care of that would make that a reality... What are you up to?

I'd like to find a battery for the Key fob somewhere, I need two more little screws for my temp plate.

I need to figure out how to work that radio. Etc.

I need to stop at my insurace agent's office and give him a copy of my Drivers license.

If you wanna hit the streets I'm game...

Nick
Old 07-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Warpig,

Sweet ride - our cars are twins save for mine has a black interior.

Let me know if you want to go for a drive sometime. It would be fun to get some 993ers together. I have some extra time on my hands this summer, so perhaps I could organize something.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:58 PM
zone5
Burning Brakes

The lower valve covers are seeping?
Old 07-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Duckman
Racer

Very nice. Too bad you couldn't find a red one but.............

Just kidding. It's a beauty. Enjoy the ride.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:04 PM
nedsky
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. I would have been just as happy if a silver one was the one I found instead of a black one.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:32 PM
fredcalero
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice find. DRIVE IT and enjoy.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 860 Likes on 437 Posts

Be grateful it had a grey interior. That may be the reason you got such a great deal on it. Many people will only take a car with a black interior on a silver car.

You got a great deal and as other's have said, Polar Silver is the best color because it's silver AND blue and hides the dirt so well including pollen.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:22 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,014 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Warpig
I need to figure out how to work that radio. Etc.
That Sir, can wait. The best music is over your shoulder. Congratulations and hide your walet.......from yourself!!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:51 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Awesome, your 993 looks very clean!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Warpig
Pro

Originally Posted by FlatSix911
First ... congrats and welcome to the 993 club ....

Second ... forget about the naysayers who look for dust inside the speedo ... a clean PPI is much more important ...

Third ... drive it like you stole it ...
I'm pretty sure it's just dust on the glass... there is also a bit of dust on the bottom black ring of the guages. Also during the PPI I asked the Tech straight out if this car looks like it has only 34K on the clock. He said absolutely. Good enough for me.

Originally Posted by ga993
Polar Silver! Excellent choice.....let me be the first to say it....upgrade your suspension and lower it!! you will love it. good choice and beautiful car. I looked at the 964 too when searching and I'm so glad I got the 993. Have fun. Did you sleep in it yet?
No sleeping in it yet... I didn't really choose the color it chose me. I was looking for the first one I could find that was on my acceptable exterior/interior color list, exterior not green or red and interior not a gross color like blue or maroon or anything like that. My favorite interior colors were lighter colors like gray, or Linen. Tan next then black. Not that I dislike black but most of the black interiors I have seen showed their age more than the lighter colors. Obviously the car had to also be clean and go through Body & Engine PPI. The car has been lowered apparently but I dont know how much. The PPI tech noted that the car has Eibach springs on it.

Originally Posted by got*ki
Congrats! The "research" and "search" part of the story brought back many memories of my "hunt" and the same process that I went though to find that elusive Pcar. The "mulit-state scouring" made me laugh as that is exactly what I did every single day....see the link to my thread below:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=56320

Congrats once again and enjoy the slippery slope!!!
Yes nearly EVERY day for nearly 4 months I scoured a 4 to 6 state area. I am so happy that is over. Everyone says the hunt is the fun part... But I tell you what... I've had more fun driving the car in the past 24 hours than all the days searching for it combined.

Originally Posted by Matt Davies
A couple of you said he needs to lower it. From what I can see in the pics, it's already lowered. There, I just saved you some money that can go towards a ROW turbo bumper or some 18' wheels.
I did see a set of wheels I really like... I don't know who makes them though... I'm going to have to recover for a while before I can stand at the top of the slope

Originally Posted by zone5
The lower valve covers are seeping?
PPI Tech noted "Very Light" oil seepage at both valve covers

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Be grateful it had a grey interior. That may be the reason you got such a great deal on it. Many people will only take a car with a black interior on a silver car.

You got a great deal and as other's have said, Polar Silver is the best color because it's silver AND blue and hides the dirt so well including pollen.
That works for me... I actually prefer lighter color interiors. They seem to look nicer longer. I never really noticed the blue you refer to until tonight at around dusk. I was at a car show and someone asked me what shade of blue the car was. I looked back at the car and thought to myself... yeah that does look like it has a tinge of blue in it. We were also about 50 feet from the car.

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
That Sir, can wait. The best music is over your shoulder. Congratulations and hide your walet.......from yourself!!
Yes she sure does sound sweet, even sweeter from 4-6K rpm.
No need to hide the wallet. Damn thing's empty now!

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments.

Nick
Old 07-04-2009, 01:46 AM
zone5
Burning Brakes

If the person who did your PPI told you that the motor had to come out to replace the lower valve covers, they really don't know anything about the 993.

Quick Reply: The Deed is Done, The Search is Over - I'm a 993 Owner - Mandatory Pics Within