993 Forum 1995-1998

iPhone to H/K Traffic Pro?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Craig W.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone to H/K Traffic Pro?

Hi guys,

I have the ipod connector on my traffic pro, and it works great with an old ipod, but does NOT work with my 1st gen and 3rd gen iphones.

Anyone know of a similar connector that does work?

Thanks!!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:50 PM
m_reagan_s
Instructor

I have the same issue. I called the local radio shack to see if there's some kind of common adapter.....but they'd never heard of it. I have the same issue with the Panosonic in my truck. I'll let you know if I find anything. Matt
Old 06-22-2009, 04:21 AM
ezinternet
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, there is a product. It's by Precision Interface Electronics of Chatsworth CA and their web site is http://www.pie.net

The cable that I used behind my CDR-220 to connect my iPhone is RCA-iPD, their RCA to iPod Adapter.

It's an Apple Dock connector on one end, and (a) a pair of RCA male plugs (b) a power line (to tap into 12v) (c) a ground wire and (d) a voltage reducer that takes car power down to the new standard 5v for the latest USB-charged iProducts. I just swapped my old iPod cable for this new one, with new power/ground taps and I was good to go.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:47 PM
m_reagan_s
Instructor

Awesome thanks Ez! I'll order one today.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:11 PM
V
Drifting

Reagan: Did you get the cable to work with your iPhone?

I bought the Traffic Pro in this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...nd+of+the+year

and this iPod connecting cable:

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=993

Now, are you telling me that this cable won't work with my iPhone? If it doesn't then I'll get the cable in the link above..

On a side note, is anyone with a 3G iPhone running the Garmin or TomTom software (SatNAV)?

As the cable transfers audio to the AUX input on the Traffic Pro, in theory it should be possible to put the iPhone 3G in a cradle, plug in the cable, switch on the Traffic Pro and put it on AUX and start the TomTom software. Voila - There's your SatNAV . With audio going into the speakers and video on teh screen of the iPhone sitting in the cradle. Would this work?

I also wonder if you have a microphone connected to the Traffic Pro (Don't know if it supports it but my car came with the Nokia telephone and I have a microphone mounted on the SW column), does this cable allow you to answer the phone when the Traffic Pro is on AUX? I mean would the microphone work?
Old 10-14-2009, 01:20 PM
JasonF
Burning Brakes

Viggo,

The cable from discountcarstero.com will not work with my iPhone, so you may want to try the other cable.

I downloaded and have used the Tom Tom app and I like it.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:41 PM
V
Drifting

Ok I'll buy the other cable. Which means if someone has a Traffic Pro and needs a cable to connect an iPod (it holds and charges) - PM me.

Jason - Do you have the Traffic Pro? With the TomTom SW running, does the audio feed though the cable (when connected) so you get the audio in the speakers? I mean when the cable is plugged in, does all the audio coming from the phone (be it TomTom or music or incoming phonecalls) transmit through the cable/speakers? Is it either the TomTom audio or music from the iPhone or could you do both? How is the reception? Where do you have your iPhone in the car? Cradle on center console? Many questions.. TIA
Old 10-14-2009, 06:38 PM
JasonF
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vhanzon
Jason - Do you have the Traffic Pro? With the TomTom SW running, does the audio feed though the cable (when connected) so you get the audio in the speakers? I mean when the cable is plugged in, does all the audio coming from the phone (be it TomTom or music or incoming phonecalls) transmit through the cable/speakers? Is it either the TomTom audio or music from the iPhone or could you do both? How is the reception? Where do you have your iPhone in the car? Cradle on center console? Many questions.. TIA
I have the "old" TrafficPro cable which does not work with an iPhone, so I simply have my iPhone/Tom Tom placed on the center console of my car and run a cigarette charger if necessary. So my navigation instructions do not come through the car speakers. Reception is ok, although I may buy the iPhone cradle made by Tom Tom when it is released.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iPhone to H/K Traffic Pro?