Sponsored by:

GIANT fight with wife, I think the c4s has to go

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:08 AM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone.

I am sorry if I did not respond to all of the post in this list. I really did not expect it to get so many hits. I know that my original post may have not been completely full of info everyone wanted and that was not my intention. I have just posted my car, so here is the link. I got some PM's about some of the parts and I will be in touch with everyone.
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...23k-miles.html

Thanks again for everyone taking the time out to look.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:26 AM
TX Silver
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaptainGSR
On the lighter side, you could also do the southern thing: trade the porsche for a camaro, get a bigger SUV for the wife, beat the hell out of her the next time she gets out of line, get drunk and take it out on the dog too, find a new girlfriend in church next Sunday (distant relative or not), go and kill a few hours at walmart to unwind, buy some more ammo while you are there, keep playing the state lottery to ensure your future financial stability, and finally blame the Democrats for all your problems.
Sounds like a plan, but I don't have a dog and unfortunately WalMart's out of ammo (since everyone is worried about the democrats taking away their guns).

You forgot about passing out under the mobile home. The good part about being in the south is that you can put your 993 on the front lawn on jackstands (or bricks) and the engine on a stand outside your bedroom window chained to the Rottweiler.

If you take the engine out then she can't make you sell it because it's yard art.

Frank
Old 06-07-2009, 01:38 AM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

This sounds like a nice swap, NYC pad for a hose and jackStands I do remember trying to give my 986 a bath on the side of the street, NYPD was not happy!

-dto

Originally Posted by WHB Porsche
Dude - let me wash my car in your driveway and work on it in your garage and you can live in my NYC apartment. Fairfield Co. = NYC w/ a quality of life!

That being said, it sounds like you are selling the car for the correct reasons and your wife has a perfectly reasonable motive for asking you to do this.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:26 AM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

Sounds like it was YOU who wanted to sell it all along.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Daryl, sorry to hear but in my book you're a hero for taking a hit to support your family.

(I can't understand if the folks here are serious or trying to be funny.....)

Your Bug looks awesome and I'm sure you'll continue to have plenty of fun with it.
I know that my '62 has been relatively neglected for the past couple years.....

Good luck brother!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:52 AM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Meister Fahrer,

I built that bug 20 years ago when I was in high school. It has spent the last 20 years sitting in my parents hanger waiting for me to move out of NYC. It is a very fun car with a lot of my youth inside it.

-dto

Originally Posted by Meister Fahrer
Daryl, sorry to hear but in my book you're a hero for taking a hit to support your family.

(I can't understand if the folks here are serious or trying to be funny.....)

Your Bug looks awesome and I'm sure you'll continue to have plenty of fun with it.
I know that my '62 has been relatively neglected for the past couple years.....

Good luck brother!
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And when the C4S is gone, you can also have fun doing some off-roading in your LR3.

Quick Reply: GIANT fight with wife, I think the c4s has to go