Sponsored by:

RUF Spoiler Module. Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009 | 02:13 PM
jenskleis
Rennlist Member

Default RUF Spoiler Module. Problem!

Hi guys,

This morning I received and installed my RUF spoiler module, and I just got back from a test drive.

The spoiler comes up at 70 km/h instead of 120 km/h! (with my OEM module, the spoiler comes out at 80 km/h)

And it only goes down again when the car comes to a complete stand-still instead of at 25 km/h

To add insult to injury, the unit is evidently a re-conditioned old part. The housing is even cracked in several places!!!

After having paid 370 Euro for the unit, I am not impressed at all!

Also, I have noticed that the function, which allows you to raise and lower the spoiler, when driving between 20 and 80 km/h, by one quick touch to the control button, does not work with the RUF unit. It this normal?

Take care,

Jens
Old 05-30-2009 | 02:21 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

I have one and it behaves as advertised. However, I believe they are all reconditioned OEM modules.

I haven't tested the switch. There are other RLers who have one, maybe they will respond.

Contact RUF. Obviously the one you have is not operating correctly.
Old 05-30-2009 | 04:08 PM
911RufRT
Banned

My Ruf module works the same way as yours and the factory spoiler switch does not work either now. My module came with my Ruf exhaust along with oval tips and an on/off switch for the mufflers. The whole package is a little better value than buying the module by itself. I did not install the switch since I wanted the mufflers on all the time, but it seems the module works in conjuction with the by pass valves in the mufflers. When the spoiler goes up, the mufflers come on. I'm sure this is to meet strict noise restrictions around towns in some parts of Europe. Maybe this is why the factory spoiler switch does not work after the Ruf module is installed.
Old 05-30-2009 | 05:12 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

I would love to see someone produce a spoiler module that works like this: you press the up button and the spoiler goes up. You press the down button and the spoiler goes down. That would be great.
Old 05-30-2009 | 05:40 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

^^^But that would be simple and easy to understand. Porsches are never that way are they?
Old 05-30-2009 | 06:50 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Originally Posted by Noah
I would love to see someone produce a spoiler module that works like this: you press the up button and the spoiler goes up. You press the down button and the spoiler goes down. That would be great.
Originally Posted by timothymoffat
^^^But that would be simple and easy to understand. Porsches are never that way are they?

Well said to the both of you. Hey Moffat do you have Dogfish IPA in your neck of the woods?

Mike
Old 05-31-2009 | 05:44 AM
jenskleis
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feed-back everyone!

I will call RUF tomorrow, and will let you know what they say.

Take care,

Jens
Old 06-08-2009 | 06:17 PM
jenskleis
Rennlist Member

Default RUF Spoiler Module. Problem! SOLVED!

Hi guys,

Quick update.

I contacted RUF and they gave me all imaginable options on how to solve my problem.

Send back the defective module.
Get a refund.
Send me a new module.
Send my OEM module in for re-programming.

In the end, I decided to replace the defective module with another RUF unit, as I want to keep the OEM incase I want to go back to stock one day.

RUF were very apologetic about the whole thing, and shipped me a replacement unit express.

It arrived today and, after testing it, I can conclude that it works perfectly.

The spoiler goes up at 125 km/h and goes down again around 30 km/h. Perfect!

And, the one-touch lowering and raising function also works, at speeds between 30 km/h and 125 km/h.

Take care,

Jens
Old 06-08-2009 | 07:47 PM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Noah
...you press the up button and the spoiler goes up. You press the down button and the spoiler goes down. That would be great.
no way...that would be entirely too simple...completely out of the question........an up/down button that makes it go up/down.......geez....dude...

Quick Reply: RUF Spoiler Module. Problem!