Buying a 993 from P Dealer or RUF

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Tango635
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a 993 from P Dealer or RUF

Hi folks,

Looking at buying a 993 within about a year. In the mean time, i've been researching pricing.

I've seen a few nice examples listed at Porsche dealer sites and also at RUF in Dallas and I'm trying to get an idea as to how firm their pricing is. If anyone has recently purchased a 993 from either, could you please chime in on the how firm list pricing is for these? Percentage-wise, how much might be expected? I know pricing and discounts depend on factors like color, options, how long car has been in stcok, etc, etc. But just trying to get an idea, something to work off of.

This is a nice one at RUF, but the Red/Tan is not for me:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_2880wt_1158

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate any words of wisdom on price negotiating.

Alfonso.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:22 AM
CaptainGSR
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am not a big fan of the color combo either.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I cant help with price strategies, but if you're close enough to RUF, drop by and see them. At the facility, you will see some of the nicest examples of exotic cars in the world. They have many storage customers with some serious toys. Some of my favorites are the Land Rover Defender, Ferrari Enzo, a REAL Shelby Cobra 427SC, '63 Split window Vette, and the Speed Yellow CGT (rennlister's car):

The staff is always willing to let you wander around checking it all out. Just a really nice bunch of people. Also, their shop is impressive and spotless. After you see the place, you will have no doubts about buying a car there.

Quick Reply: Buying a 993 from P Dealer or RUF