Rennlist Member

Received 1,082 Likes on 486 Posts

^^^^
Old 05-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
+1. Sometimes it's nice finding something you need. Even though you don't really need it/them/those. Kind of like Mike's (Arena993) wheels.
Nice. And a sniping service is a program that automatically bids for you. You set it to bid with a pre detrmined time limit left in the auction.

Mike
Old 05-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow..amazing responses...The whole idea behind an online community forum is for people to help each other out. So when someone posts a link to an Ebay auction because they know how hard it is to find certain parts, a simple "Thank You" should suffice...not some bull**** about posting auctions to drive prices up.

I know for a FACT that it was not Russ' intention to "drive up pricing" or create more buzz on some seats...he just wanted to let others know that if you are in the market for some classic grey sport seats..here's an auction. I personally think $4k isn't that outrageous considering what the market demands..plus, they are tough to find..it took me a year to find mine and I would have been super grateful if someone posted a lead for me to follow up on.

Russ has been very helpful to me in the past - we both have classic grey interiors in our cars, both have cabs, love carbon fiber and rear-seat deletes...I am grateful for his help and input in the past and look forward to returning the favor to him and any other rennlist member that posts rare parts or helps out with a question.

And Patrick...When someone makes a kind offer to let you know where their car is so you can see how sport seats feel...keep the sarcasm for the people in your life you don't give a **** about..not someone who is going out of the way to help you out...PS..I'm in Los Angeles..and I have sport seats...love for you to come test them out next time you're out here....

Damien Lewis
Old 05-22-2009, 02:49 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Damien Lewis
Wow..amazing responses...The whole idea behind an online community forum is for people to help each other out. So when someone posts a link to an Ebay auction because they know how hard it is to find certain parts, a simple "Thank You" should suffice...not some bull**** about posting auctions to drive prices up.

I know for a FACT that it was not Russ' intention to "drive up pricing" or create more buzz on some seats...he just wanted to let others know that if you are in the market for some classic grey sport seats..here's an auction.
I agree with most everything you said. The intention of my posts was to say that on another online forum that I frequent (a collector's forum) there have been problems with people posting ebay auctions when they are not the seller. The community members on that forum have gotten in bidding wars with each other and it ends up ruffling feathers. I don't really care if someone posts an auction, but there are others that obviously do. I think we can all agree Russ was trying to help out the community. So, at least from me, thank you Russ.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:03 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

No harm, no foul!

Thank you Damien and Mike for the kind words of thanks.
(As an aside, Patrick has been especially gracious via PM/email, inviting me to join him in my new Dallas-Ft.Worth Porsche community.)

It's all good in the Rennlist neighborhood.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:37 PM
stace
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I agree - if you want to bid on the seats great. if not - onto the next Rennlist thread. this forum is about sharing info and I appreciate everything I learn. some folks need to "Lighten up!!" Nothing a good Oregon beer won't fix!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rkb
No harm, no foul!

Thank you Damien and Mike for the kind words of thanks.
(As an aside, Patrick has been especially gracious via PM/email, inviting me to join him in my new Dallas-Ft.Worth Porsche community.)

It's all good in the Rennlist neighborhood.
Thanks for the kind words.

Damien, you clearly didn't get my humor. Russ and I are new friends and I am kidding him.

And I also appreciate when people post up ebay auctions.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:56 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,082 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by stace
Nothing a good Oregon beer won't fix!!!

Huh? Did someone call my name?

Beer can fix just about anything!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:41 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

this is becoming eerily similar to a political argument about free trade/competition/let the market decide vs. lets make sure someone steps in here and levels the playing field...

guess where I land...

(just having a little fun)
Old 05-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, someone hit the buy it now button today. Sold for $4k. Too rich for my blood.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:04 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by pjconner
Wow, someone hit the buy it now button today. Sold for $4k. Too rich for my blood.
Good. Now I can get some sleep.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:33 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New listing for Sport Seats -- Black w/ Heat, they look to be in terrific condition as is evident in the starting bid:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...Q5fAccessories

Quick Reply: Sport Seats on EBay