993 Forum 1995-1998

More praise for Steve Weiner

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:41 AM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default More praise for Steve Weiner

This will not come as a surprise to most of you, especially those who have dealt with Steve, but he and Rennsport can now add another fan to what is already a very long list.

After a lot of research, mostly on this great forum, i decided to get a chip for my '95 C2cab. I prepared some questions and gave Steve call. He spent over an hour on the phone with me. Not only did he answer every question, he educated me on a ton of other things I had always wondered about.

I needed the chip first AM over night - no problem. I had some questions post original call - no problem.

I did not have any tools at my house to pull my seat out so I called my reg shop to give me a hand. Unfort they couldn't fit me in for a few days.

So I decided to use an old friend's shop. Unfort for me, the tech there broke the pins of Steve's chip during in the install process. I was also worried that this shop may have damaged my ECU.

Called Steve, explained the situation... he was so unbelievably gracious. He even spent another 30 mins on the phone telling me some things I needed to do to make sure the integrity of the ECU was intact.

I needed the new chip stat for next day. As promised, Steve got another chip out to me. New chip came next day - (again) no problem.

Steve & Rennsport, by far, offer the best product knowledge and customer I have every experienced in the industry.

Got car back this AM, new chip in, smiled the whole way home.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:51 AM
axl911
Drifting

What aminewyork said is true. I got my chip from Steve. He answered every questions I had about my car and the chip even a year AFTER I bought the chip. He is also the type that takes the time to explain how and what things work for the car.

Last edited by axl911; 05-15-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:31 AM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll chime in and agree, as always. I don't know where you would have to go to get better service and tech tips than what you can get from Steve.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:22 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Steve rocks. I've had the opportunity to speak to him a few times, and it never fails to amaze me how generous he is with his time and knowledge.

I've decided that he must be trying to get into heaven or atoning for some past-life misdeeds
Old 05-15-2009, 02:20 PM
guards red
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Absolutely agree. I wasn't even buying anything from Steve but he kindly answered all my questions on this very forum. An answer no one else would provide without me committing to a vendor.

Top bloke.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:38 PM
geordie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience with Steve is that he is incredibley generous with his time & is a one-man Porsche Wikipedia. The air cooled community is a much richer place because of him.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:55 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by guards red
Absolutely agree. I wasn't even buying anything from Steve but he kindly answered all my questions on this very forum. An answer no one else would provide without me committing to a vendor.

Top bloke.
+ 1, plus he graciously spoke with me on the phone. Steve needs to open up a shop in the North East so I can give him my money!
Old 05-15-2009, 03:02 PM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

+1 on opening a shop in the Northeast!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:36 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Couldn't agree more, Steve's guy.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:52 PM
boostid
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with all of you. Steve is a gift to our p-car community. I'm lucky enough to live just up the road from Rennsport.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:17 PM
x50type
Three Wheelin'

agree completely, Steve knows what it's all about. the p/o had put some lousy chip in my c4, engine would stall when coasting to a stop before getting to operating temp. explained to Steve that my car had the RS cams and the andial racing clutch as well as very noisy borla mufflers (since removed and gone back to the originals). Steve designed and new chip, i installed it (had to chisel out the seat set screws-someone had torn up the hexagons) and voila - perfection all round. Steve - highly recommended.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Paul K
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by geordie
My experience with Steve is that he is incredibley generous with his time & is a one-man Porsche Wikipedia. The air cooled community is a much richer place because of him.
+1. Steve is a real asset to the Porsche community.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Thank you, gents for your kind words,...........I'm just trying to do my part,...

I may have to buy some people a lunch or two (and there are some great places here).

Quick Reply: More praise for Steve Weiner