Optimoly Grease NR vs. HT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 05:18 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Optimoly Grease NR vs. HT?

Okay guru's,

I'm in the process of replacing my CV boots and realized I need the copper high temp grease that goes on the axle splines before you put the CV joint back on. It has been referenced on here as "optimoly ht" PN: 000.043.004.00. I went to my local stealer ($38 for a tube the size of toothpaste and that's with the PCA discount!) as they are the only ones that have it in stock that I could find and they gave me "optimoly nr" PN: 000.043.110.01. I pointed out the difference of what I was looking for and what they gave me so the guy looked up what applications they were both used for and said they were the same. I should have asked to see this for myslef but I trusted him for some reason.

So, can anyone verify if I have the right stuff or did they give me the wrong thing (I'm worried they gave me the actual CV joint grease)?

P.S. The CV joint is like one of those puzzle games made out of metal rings and ***** to get back together...took about 15 minutes to figure out but once you know the secret you feel like you are now a part of a secret CV joint society I totally want one for my desk!

TIA!
Old 05-14-2009, 05:51 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just found my answer after digging on the internet and opening the bottle...they are different. My concern about them giving me the CV grease was correct. It is so frustrating when the people that are supposed to know our cars and provide a valuable service to the owners fails miserably.

The downside is now I have to swing by after work to get it but the good part is I made a fuss and at first asked that they correct their mistake and courier the part, my refund of the difference and take the CV grease back all on their dime. The parts guy called the courier (he felt bad I could tell) and said it was $35 to do this so I cut a deal with him that if I went down there after work that he give me the stuff I wanted (retails at $35) for $15 which is about their cost.

I feel like I just stole from the stealer

Quick Reply: Optimoly Grease NR vs. HT?