Porsche Leds for dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Leds for dashboard

I am really confused (nothing new here) about a thread on LED's awhile back. I thought that you could order the base from Porscheled.com and use the superior bulbs from BrightLED.com. So I ordered a light kit from PorscheLeds in order to use the bases (which apparently Brightleds do not have). I ordered the bulbs from BrightLeds

Porscheled sent the bulbs/bases as one unit. Thinking I recieved the wrong parts I asked Porscheleds to send the the "correct" parts. They said they only supply the bulb/base as an inseperable unit. I could swear that I had read on Rennlist that people were buying the bulbs from BrightLEDs (since they were superior to the Porscheleds), and using the Porscheled base.

Sorry about my ramble, but can someone who has done this explain what parts I need to make this work. thanks
Old 05-09-2009, 07:18 PM
serval
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

The easiest way to solve this is to ask Porscheleds if their replacement bulbs come with bases as one unit.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by serval
The easiest way to solve this is to ask Porscheleds if their replacement bulbs come with bases as one unit.
Based on my discussions with Axl911 the bases supplied by porscheleds will accept the more powerful bulbs from brightleds. Apparently this is not the case any longer. The good news is porscheleds now offer a more powerful bulb/base equal to the brightleds. I will give this a try and let those who are contemplating doing this a report once done.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:04 AM
x50type
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let's know the results
Old 05-10-2009, 03:13 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by x50type
let's know the results
I have ordered the new bulb/base. It will take about a week till I get them. I will report back once they are installed........

Quick Reply: Porsche Leds for dashboard