Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to Laguna/Dana Point, CA for Vacation. Anyone know of famous places to Eat?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 07:42 PM
944/951guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Laura
If you are staying in Dana Point and happen to be around on Saturday June 6, there is a Porsche Club of America Orange Coast Region breakfast at Original Mikes in Santa Ana. Always lots of cars 80-100 Porsches and good people. Food not so great. I usually attend and would have liked to introduce you around but will be at the track for a POC event. But if you are available, I'm sure a Rennlist groupie would step up and meet you there. Just a thought...

And another thought, if you are in Dana Point the weekend before Sat. May 30, the PCA is having a Concours in Dana Point at the Mariott Laguna Cliffs Resort, just off Pacific Coast Highway overlooking Dana Point Harbor. Party Friday night at the hotel. (This group has the most entries in 'Wash N Shine' or 'Party n Park')
I wont be there for the 6th but the 30th event is on the 30th or the weekend before like the 24th?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:43 PM
944/951guy
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hal m
Moss Beach Distillery just north of Half Moon Bay - they have a patio with firepits overlooking the ocean

Nepenthe - perched on the cliffs of Big Sur half way to San Simeon. - just burgers and sandwiches but BILLION dollar views
AWSOME I WILL DEINATLY CHECK THESE OUT!!
Is the Distillery a resturant?
Old 05-07-2009, 09:57 PM
loubeer
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to most of the restaurants listed & they're all great choices. If you're wallet is lighter (& it will be!) after visiting many of these fine establishments and you want some affordable comfort food, add the famous Crab Cooker near the Newport Beach pier to your list.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:31 AM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

5 Crowns Corona del Mar is better than House of Prime Rib. Wilma's on Balboa Island for breakfast. Tommy Bahamas Cafe in Corona del Mar. The Crab Cooker in Newport Beach, wood BBQed seafood, they made Nixon wait when he was president.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:31 AM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

5 Crowns Corona del Mar is better than House of Prime Rib. Wilma's on Balboa Island for breakfast. Tommy Bahamas Cafe in Corona del Mar. The Crab Cooker in Newport Beach, wood BBQed seafood, they made Nixon wait when he was president.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:57 PM
944/951guy
Three Wheelin'

Hey guys Thanks for all the suggestions.
unfortunaly I was a ways away from some of these places and didnt want to drive to eat at some of the places far from me but I did eat at the Ramos House Cafe and it was Great. I went there on the weekend Brunch and it was by far the Best meal I had the whole vacation.
I went to some Well known mexican Places in Dana Point and some where better then others.

Finally tried In-N-Out Burger just to say I have been there and I went there with Small expectations and it was a Very pleasent Surprise. I was Amazed at how fresh, Hot, Simple and Good there Burgers and fries are. So good I went back the next morning.

I also went to a Good Chocolate store in Laguna right on the Main Highway. Unfortunatly my Worst Dining experiance was there also at Greetings Cafe that was Horibble. Wow I wish I never picked that place out of all the places there. It was just at the perfect location to relax and watch Exotics drive by and thats why I went there but I really regret that decision.
Also went to cars and coffee..........But that will be a seprate Thread in a couple days.

My vacation was enjoyed and Wow I fell in love with So Cal. back to oregon and as of now im getting ready for the fun 17-Hour trip Home!

THANKS, EVERYONE!!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:24 PM
944/951guy
Three Wheelin'

Also wanted to add........ After the cars that i saw here in Laguna beach......
Aprox. Counts.
50 Bentleys
10 Rolls Royces
Hundreds of 996's & 997's
Hundreds of Boxsters
10-15 Ferrari's
5 Lambo's
5 Aston Martins
MANY VIPERS & VETTES.

THE 993 still has the biggest place in my heart and is just a HOT Car!!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

El Molino de Oro in San Juan Capistrano is great for Mexican food! They have a bakery where you can get pan dulce too!

Quick Reply: Going to Laguna/Dana Point, CA for Vacation. Anyone know of famous places to Eat?