Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So It Beginsc . . . 993 :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:28 AM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I would have only collected bugs on the way home.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...y-a-993-a.html
Old 05-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it's always a funny story when you can look back on it. I'm glad the cow poop didn't damage your paint! I was also raised in the boondocks, and have worked with many cattle. When it came time to do the vitamins, etc., shots in the shoots, after about the forth or fifth steer the poop would start pooling up. And, of course, you were bound to get some of it on you. I had a specific pair of jeans and tee shirt just for such round-ups, as the poop would permanently stain my clothes. Gross, but true.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bonster
Yeah, it's always a funny story when you can look back on it. I'm glad the cow poop didn't damage your paint! I was also raised in the boondocks, and have worked with many cattle. When it came time to do the vitamins, etc., shots in the shoots, after about the forth or fifth steer the poop would start pooling up. And, of course, you were bound to get some of it on you. I had a specific pair of jeans and tee shirt just for such round-ups, as the poop would permanently stain my clothes. Gross, but true.
I've been there! Enjoy the car... that blue is sweet.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:12 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alas, cat, your car seems to be the exact same car except the color. Brothers?
Well, you do have those beautiful sport seats....

As far as our cars being brothers,,,,,, "siblings" is more like it as I'm 100% sure my car is female. No doubt about it.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks for the compliment, Reddy. Yeah, I absolutely LOVE that color. I remember seeing a similar color on some Corvettes -- Radar Blue -- that really turned my head. I'm glad I found a decent specimen with a lovely color.

Mongrel . . . those sport seats are like heaven for me. I've been a Miata owner (one is a Spec race car, one a daily driver) for close to twenty years, and even those familiar seats do not fit me the way the sports do. I feel like I'm in my mother's arms, so to speak, while driving that car. I don't know why, but as I've said before, I really feel like this car and I were meant for each other.

Lol on the 'female' car thing. My race car is like that. The race Miata and the daily Miata are basically the same vehicle, yet it's ten times as hard to do simple maintenance on the race car. Stupid dang car. So the red one is the boy Miata and the race one is most definitely female. Lol.

Bluepurr is a sophisticated boy car, to me. Yeah, he costs a lot more, but he's worth it. I've wanted a 911 since the early 70s when I was still knee-high to a grasshopper. Even my father is envious. I gotta get he and my mom out here one of these days, just so they can go for a romp in the Porsche. It's one of those things everyone should get to do before they get too old.

Sorry that I've not done the website like I said. I've just been so busy with projects in the yard and garden. I gotta get this stuff done before the weather gets unbearable. You would not believe how easy it is to get heat stress with our humidity. Bluk. But it's worth it. Our garden is flourishing, the lawn is making a come-back from a bad dormancy, and our new trees are jumping up. Ahhh. I love my yard.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure you'll enjoy doing your own maintenance on your new car, and there are good DIY sections here, for help.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:06 PM
trevor townsend
Instructor

Hi Bonnie,
It's been great following your epic journey and the excitement of the new 993.
Thanks also for the pics and those to come!
I collected mine -a '94 C2 Iris Blue metallic - snap! about 3 years ago. It was in Johannesburg which is about 1000 miles from where I live in Cape Town.
I know the excitement and wish I could do it all over again. Love those long trips when these cars really come into their own. Economy is amazing- almost 10kms per liter (don't know what that is in US gallons) at mostly 140- 185 kms/ hr,(90-110 mph). I just wished the journey never stopped!
Wish you much joy with Bluepurr.
Best
TT

Thanks for the compliment, Reddy. Yeah, I absolutely LOVE that color. I remember seeing a similar color on some Corvettes -- Radar Blue -- that really turned my head. I'm glad I found a decent specimen with a lovely color.

Mongrel . . . those sport seats are like heaven for me. I've been a Miata owner (one is a Spec race car, one a daily driver) for close to twenty years, and even those familiar seats do not fit me the way the sports do. I feel like I'm in my mother's arms, so to speak, while driving that car. I don't know why, but as I've said before, I really feel like this car and I were meant for each other.

Lol on the 'female' car thing. My race car is like that. The race Miata and the daily Miata are basically the same vehicle, yet it's ten times as hard to do simple maintenance on the race car. Stupid dang car. So the red one is the boy Miata and the race one is most definitely female. Lol.

Bluepurr is a sophisticated boy car, to me. Yeah, he costs a lot more, but he's worth it. I've wanted a 911 since the early 70s when I was still knee-high to a grasshopper. Even my father is envious. I gotta get he and my mom out here one of these days, just so they can go for a romp in the Porsche. It's one of those things everyone should get to do before they get too old.

Sorry that I've not done the website like I said. I've just been so busy with projects in the yard and garden. I gotta get this stuff done before the weather gets unbearable. You would not believe how easy it is to get heat stress with our humidity. Bluk. But it's worth it. Our garden is flourishing, the lawn is making a come-back from a bad dormancy, and our new trees are jumping up. Ahhh. I love my yard.

Quick Reply: So It Beginsc . . . 993 :)