Sponsored by:

TRG Rear Swaybar needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Leucadia
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRG Rear Swaybar needed

Got the car dropped - finally, (Thanks again Tony ) and will post pics, etc. later....

However, we discovered during the install of the coilovers that since i'm now at RS height, that I need a "RS spec" adjustable rear swaybar for proper geometry with the RS drop link under the control arm.

Anyone have a TRG rear adjustable sway bar they have laying around and would like to part with it? Please PM me!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:09 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Do you have a TRG in front???? If not, then what do you have? Best case, if you have M030 then you will be going to a 22mm F and a 22mm rear. Not a good combo. Then if you have a standard 20mm front bar, even a worse combo. If you are doing the TRGs, then install them front and rear (25mm fronts). I have installed / sold hundreds of these combos and they work great with coilovers like PSS10s, JICs, Motons. If you are buying used, make sure you get the newer front TRG bushing (and make sure the bars have lock collars...).
Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 AM
trophy
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not to want to hijack, Bob do you have a source for new bushings for the TRG's?

Leucadia - I will check with a few guys here today, If i find one i will PM you.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:22 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by trophy
Not to want to hijack, Bob do you have a source for new bushings for the TRG's?
Try TRG - they will sell these separately.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:27 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

TRG would be the best place. The newer bushing is a relative term. They have been out for like 6 years now. But I continue to see older bars get sold with the older style bushings (which can cause some noise). I think they sell the bushings for like $35-40 / pair.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:39 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Just an Fyi.. Unless you track or AutoX your car I would not recc. TRG Sways. They are EXCELLENT Sways but Very Very Stiff. There are less expensive sways out there that will be far superior to the stock set-up and still have a nicer ride for street application. look at my post from yesterday
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...re-change.html

Also listen to Viper Bob as far as matching front & Rear Sways.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of the best mods I've done but my car is 90% track.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 AM
trophy
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dbf73
Try TRG - they will sell these separately.
Originally Posted by viperbob
TRG would be the best place. The newer bushing is a relative term. They have been out for like 6 years now. But I continue to see older bars get sold with the older style bushings (which can cause some noise). I think they sell the bushings for like $35-40 / pair.
Thanks guys.......
Old 04-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Leucadia
Racer

Originally Posted by 007DT
Just an Fyi.. Unless you track or AutoX your car I would not recc. TRG Sways. They are EXCELLENT Sways but Very Very Stiff. There are less expensive sways out there that will be far superior to the stock set-up and still have a nicer ride for street application. look at my post from yesterday
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...re-change.html

Also listen to Viper Bob as far as matching front & Rear Sways.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of the best mods I've done but my car is 90% track
I'm using TT sways f/r. I wanted RS height, but the car is 95% street,

After installing the rear to RS height, however, the tt sway is not shaped correctly to attach under the control arm to the rs drop links. I just need an adustible bar which is shaped properly for the connection under the arm. That's the issue. A mm or two in diameter on the various bar brands is not my issue.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:39 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

There are LOTS of guys running the TRGs on the street. They work fine with no degradation in ride performance. Yet they do not work well with HDs for 2 reasons. First, the rear shock mount is too high for the bar to work properly (yes you can get other locking collars to fix this, but see #2). #2, the shocks are not as good dampening the essentially extra momentary spring as the PSS10s are.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Leucadia
Racer

To further clarify, I am using H&R Sport Coilovers setup. I'm about ready to order the TRG rear sway bar, even though it's going to be a bit too stiff for my street use - but I don't see any other option at this point....
Old 04-07-2009, 04:23 PM
samsnead
Pro

I am also interested in the outcome here as I have just ordered a set of H&R street coilovers and have been mulling over sway options.(not trying to hijack)
Old 04-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Leucadia
Racer

Originally Posted by samsnead
I am also interested in the outcome here as I have just ordered a set of H&R street coilovers and have been mulling over sway options.(not trying to hijack)
It looks like i'll get the H&R adjustable swaybar - its sure to fit with the coilovers/RS drop links. They are about $250 for the rear.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:29 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a little confused here. I bet you also have bumpsteer or darty steering, don't you? Curved RS links in the rear might fix the prob there. I think RS height won't work perfectly without other parts, though. And I would agree not to run a TRG rear bar with stock front. Will induce oversteer.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Leucadia
Racer

As mention above a few times, I do have the curved RS drop links. As for bump steer, I don't feel that. I should post a picture
Old 04-07-2009, 06:26 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoops, I guess I overlooked that. You do have the curved RS links, so I would think they would fit. Well, with my Bilstein HD setup I think they would. Not sure how the H&R coilovers are different.

I have mine set to the bottom (maybe a fuzz under) ROW sport and it feels much better than it did when I had it lower.

Quick Reply: TRG Rear Swaybar needed