Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CDC 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009 | 07:57 PM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Default CDC 3

Does anyone know where I can get the manual for this CD unit mounted in the front? I'm trying to change the location from passenger's side to driver's so I can get the spare back in place. It is mounted by a bracket and I don't know if the "unit" can come off the bracket or if the entire thing moves as one piece. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2009 | 08:12 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

I'd probably check here first:http://www.beckerautosound.com/Index.html.htm
Old 04-05-2009 | 12:35 AM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Thanks Canyon, but I've emailed them twice and they haven't responded. That's why I was hoping someone with one, or who installed one could help me out.
Old 04-05-2009 | 01:07 AM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

I did not see a manual on becker's manual list but am not surprised since all the controls are via a head unit. regarding mounting, that seems like it would be a function of a porsche manual.

It's wierd that yours is mounted on the pass side. Mine is at the front of the trunk on the driver's side. The mounts are just small plastic pieces that indeed come off of the unit - if I remember correctly it's bolted in front and behind the unit to the main frame rail that goes to the bumper shocks (right above the battery). I don't know if the holes are automatically there for every car.

What does your carpet look like? If it was a factory option I'd assume you would have carpet like mine - there is a cutout where the CDC mounts to the frame and the carpet goes around it.

I recommend you look for the mounting holes on that side. I do not envy you having to reroute that wire.

dave
Old 04-05-2009 | 02:11 AM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Dave, I take it then, by your comments, that this was not a factory install as the carpet is not cut. The problem with the unit on the passenger's side is of course, you can't get the spare past the unit and into its well. It seems like I should be able to remove the unit without removing the bracket so I can use the bracket as a template for where to drill the holes, but I haven't figured out how to do that. The PO doesn't know b/c it was there when he purchased the car, so I'm on my own. I did read an install DIY that I hope will help me at some point. I think the only thing I can do now is to take the whole thing off and see what I see. Then drill the new holes and drink a couple of cold ones before I try to reroute the wires. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-05-2009 | 04:22 AM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

This should help:

http://www.pcarworkshop.com/images/9...996_690296.pdf
Old 04-05-2009 | 11:56 AM
911RufRT
Banned

Thanks for the link, I needed that.
Old 04-05-2009 | 02:38 PM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Hombre,
My wifey took my camera on a trip - but I looked at (what I assume is) the factory mount. It has one visible bolt into the frame rail, there may be one hidden behind it. There are two bolts going into the front of my unit (like pointing the direction of the headlights), and two near the bottom of the unit facing the trunk. Maybe yours is reversed?

dave
Old 04-06-2009 | 02:31 AM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Thanks a million for the link 2Many Cars! That will help clear up what I need to do to move it over. I think my task will not be so bad because the PO has already run the wires. I just need to move them over in the front compartment I hope One more question: it would seem the instructions say the unit has "mounting *****." Is it referring to the large round "dial" with a slot, and if so, will turning that to the vertical release the unit from the bracket? That what I really need to know.
Dave, I'm going to grab a shot of what I have tomorrow as well, but if what you guys are saying is that I can release the unit from the bracket, I'm half way there!
Thanks to all!
Old 04-06-2009 | 04:55 AM
cy7878
Instructor

When I bought my car, the PO had a Sony changer that was just velcro'd onto the trunk carpet that was installed back in 98. Believe it or not, 2 large stripes of velcro actually held the changer in place fairly tight. If you don't want to drill into the chassis, consider using the hook side of industrical size velcro. The nice thing was being able to lift the changer out of the way and stick it back afterwards.

Quick Reply: CDC 3