Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Floor tiles

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009 | 01:59 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Default OT: Floor tiles

I need to buy black and white vinyl (?) floor tile that has adhesive on it already. Does anybody know where I can but this???
Old 03-17-2009 | 02:23 PM
matt777
Drifting

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
I need to buy black and white vinyl (?) floor tile that has adhesive on it already. Does anybody know where I can but this???
If it's for the garage the VCT tiles have been recommended. IIRC these are not generally self-adhesive. Something makes me think that heavier tiles like the VCT may not be available as self adhesive as they do not flex and need a thicker adhesive compound. I believe Armstrong is one of the mfgs of these. I did use one of their self-adhesive tiles in my basement but their suitability for garages is not known to me. You can search www.garagejournal.com as I know there is lots of info on these here.
Old 03-17-2009 | 02:36 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Originally Posted by matt777
If it's for the garage the VCT tiles have been recommended. IIRC these are not generally self-adhesive. Something makes me think that heavier tiles like the VCT may not be available as self adhesive as they do not flex and need a thicker adhesive compound. I believe Armstrong is one of the mfgs of these. I did use one of their self-adhesive tiles in my basement but their suitability for garages is not known to me. You can search www.garagejournal.com as I know there is lots of info on these here.
Home depot used to have a self adhesive line of vinyl flooring that was available in white and black pieces. I actually need the flooring for a work truck that I'm outfitting for the commercial show circuit.
Old 03-17-2009 | 03:33 PM
matt777
Drifting

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
Home depot used to have a self adhesive line of vinyl flooring that was available in white and black pieces. I actually need the flooring for a work truck that I'm outfitting for the commercial show circuit.
I bought my tile from Home Depot but I don't recall seeing white and black. It's an easy one to check out. By the way, the self adhesive tiles stick nicely to concrete at least.
Old 03-17-2009 | 04:47 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Originally Posted by matt777
I bought my tile from Home Depot but I don't recall seeing white and black. It's an easy one to check out. By the way, the self adhesive tiles stick nicely to concrete at least.
The Home Depot's here no longer stock the stuff. I bought a bunch of it last year and I did the floor of an enclosed trailer and its still sticking very good. Lowe's doesn't have it either. I'd happily pay anyone here a finders fee if they can find about 200 square feet of the stuff. PM or email me if anyone can help a brother out.... Paypal, AmEx, Visa, Cash, Check, Gift Cards, Wine, Beer, Porsche parts!!!!.... whatever it takes....
Old 03-17-2009 | 06:19 PM
whidbey
Instructor

http://www.garagefloor.com/garage-fl...self-stick.htm
Old 03-17-2009 | 06:27 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Son of a bi*ch....

Thanks so much. You may have saved me.....

Quick Reply: OT: Floor tiles