Sponsored by:

Needed Cheap/free Check Strap Repair in DC Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:09 PM
bobesser
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needed Cheap/free Check Strap Repair in DC Area

I had a quickie repair of the check strap, but, it was discontinuous and spotty at best. It failed quickly. I tried to search to find a good example of a very thorough repair but I couldn't find the image anymore. I am hoping that someone with a welder and slightly more welding experience than me can put a durable weld there. I do not need it to look concours, just something that I can make smooth and touch up with paint that STOPS the clicking. I can provide beer or assistance in other maintenence for payment.

Bob
Old 03-11-2009, 10:31 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by bobesser
I had a quickie repair of the check strap, but, it was discontinuous and spotty at best. It failed quickly. I tried to search to find a good example of a very thorough repair but I couldn't find the image anymore. I am hoping that someone with a welder and slightly more welding experience than me can put a durable weld there. I do not need it to look concours, just something that I can make smooth and touch up with paint that STOPS the clicking. I can provide beer or assistance in other maintenence for payment.

Bob
did u ask the guys over on dorki?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:54 PM
bobesser
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those that are not familiar, repair to make it look like this would be ideal, but, as bad as mine looks now, just holding it in place permanently would be a huge improvement:

Quick Reply: Needed Cheap/free Check Strap Repair in DC Area