Sponsored by:

ABS & ABD Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 PM
SC2993
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts
Default ABS & ABD Warning Light

95 C2 with 53,XXX and LSD. The lights came on the other day for the first time right at start up. I looked at the manual and it says that the brake system will function normally but to get this checked. I drove the car around to get it up to temperature and then stopped at the errand that I was running. I started the car up and the light did not come back on. Started the car again today, the light came on but I continued on my way. Again, with the car up to operating temp I turned it off, when into the store and came back out and the lights did not come back on after ignition.

Any ideas on what is going on? Do I need to drive the car to have it re-set the OBD 1 again? I have a buddy that has a reader to check the codes and will do that sometime tomorrow.

I checked the brake fluid, fuse for the ABD & ABS and even checked tire pressure.

Thanks for any insight,
John
Old 03-03-2009, 10:58 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 99 Posts

I read something here once that sounded like the same thing. Sounds less like a real problem and more like an electrical glitch. If it were a real problem, I imagine the lights would come on every time you start the car. Since they don't and it only happens occasionally, I'd chalk it up to a 14 year old German showing it's eccentricity!

Quick Reply: ABS & ABD Warning Light