Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod w/ stock stereo

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 11:06 PM
alcanada
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

inkatouring, I am in the process of switching over to a CDR 220 from a CR1 with the factroy hifi system and cd changer. It an easy switch if you have the right wiring harness.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:30 AM
inkatouring
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by alcanada
inkatouring, I am in the process of switching over to a CDR 220 from a CR1 with the factroy hifi system and cd changer. It an easy switch if you have the right wiring harness.
Thanks. I already did it and it wasn't too bad just rewiring the existing harness. Now if I had only bought a CDR220 that had a working CD player....
Old 08-02-2009, 11:21 AM
davesnothere
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default SUCCESS!

After a few attempts, I've finally managed to integrate my iPod Touch with my CR-210 w/ CD changer. I wanted the convenience of the iPod, but I wanted to keep the interior as stock as possible, and without any clamp on iPod holders. Here is what I did:

1) Ordered this cable:

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1319

2) Ordered a bunch of adapters to go from RCA to 3.5mm and back, plus a 6' 3.5mm stereo cable. The 3.5mm cable is a good size to feed; do NOT try to splice the adapter cable (AMHIK). If I had to do this again, I would probably get an iPod adapter cable that goes right to 3.5mm directly, just to save some wiring.

3) Ran the 3.5mm cable from the CD changer spot in the trunk through the driver's footwell and into the center console.

4) Tapped the power and ground from the sunroof to charge the iPod

5) Fed the iPod plug out through the handbrake opening, allowing the iPod to rest in the little mini-tray under the handbrake.

6) Placed a sacrificial CD into the changer. Looked for a long total time CD, since the only time I will lose input is when the changer tries to switch to another CD (no loss of signal between tracks).

7) Rock out!

- Dave
Old 04-16-2021, 01:46 AM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by davesnothere
One question I've had about this setup is what happens when the CD in the changer runs out? Does it interrupt the music from the iPod? This might be as simple as always running the CD in "repeat" mode, but I've never seen any comments about this. Since the cables only tap into the AUX output from the changer (audio only), presumably everything else (i.e. control) about the changer setup works the same as stock in terms of interface and behavior.

How do folks with this setup manage this? Or is it even an issue?

- Dave
Resurrecting an old thread here...

The bolded is how I run my BT setup (via the 6 CD changer). Had to re-enter my radio code recently and can't figure out how to switch the CD back to repeat mode.

Does anybody know how I can set the 6 CD changer to repeat a CD once it's complete rather than switching to the next CD? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-17-2021, 12:34 AM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Bueller?

Looking for the combination of buttons to mash to have my CDR-210 repeat a CD that's in my 6 CD changer.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:12 AM
ShdwFx
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 165 Posts

Not sure if this is what you need, but page 25 of the manual says there's a "RP" option for Random Play of CDs; not repeat, but might accomplish what you're looking for.

Old 04-17-2021, 01:20 AM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ShdwFx
Not sure if this is what you need, but page 25 of the manual says there's a "RP" option for Random Play of CDs; not repeat, but might accomplish what you're looking for.

Thanks! I tried that but unfortunately it didn't work.

What's frustrating is that I know there is a way to do this - this was literally how I operated this prior to having some work done on my car. Somehow the system has reset itself and I can't figure out how to get it back to repeating the disc

Quick Reply: iPod w/ stock stereo