Garage cleaning time

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 01:55 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by jscott82
So I appreciate the offer and will happily step in if you truly don’t need it…. But if you think you might, please don’t feel compelled to step aside (ill just be curing your name in the background ).
JS, go ahead, take the bumper (it's a really good deal). "And when you speak of me, speak fondly" (Bull Durham)

The only thing I might ask is that if you end up with some extra lower corner pieces that i could later buy them from you. One of mine is pretty broken up. I have a potential replacement, but it's missing a tab.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:59 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
JS, go ahead, take the bumper (it's a really good deal). "And when you speak of me, speak fondly" (Bull Durham)

The only thing I might ask is that if you end up with some extra lower corner pieces that i could later buy them from you. One of mine is pretty broken up. I have a potential replacement, but it's missing a tab.
Wow !!! Thank You.... I owe you big time...

I wish I had kept mine... i updated to rs splitter last year and help on to the stock ones for some time, but finally threw them away... darn....

ill keep my eyes peeled for you though, Im quite sure we can find some pretty cheap. if I can find some they are on me.....

Jeff
Old 02-23-2009, 03:07 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jeff, no problem. Michal (the seller of the bumper) is actually including the lower corners as well. So if you don't end up using them, please let me know.

This brings up a question, actually. The reason I'm considering a new bumper is because mine has a dent right at the top. I've been told that generally these dents pop right back out with some heat. But it's been there for years and I'm not sure it would. Does anyone have experience with that?
Old 02-23-2009, 03:29 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Hmmm...

Andreas
I like the door pull idea..... what were you thinking?
Old 02-23-2009, 03:33 PM
jscott82
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nile13
Jeff, no problem. Michal (the seller of the bumper) is actually including the lower corners as well. So if you don't end up using them, please let me know.

This brings up a question, actually. The reason I'm considering a new bumper is because mine has a dent right at the top. I've been told that generally these dents pop right back out with some heat. But it's been there for years and I'm not sure it would. Does anyone have experience with that?

No experience yet.... but I have a torn up bumper and hammer sitting in my garage...
Old 02-23-2009, 03:57 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mcpiaseczny
Everything is gone or almost gone except the spoiler mechanism. You guys are piranha quick.

Actually, there is one other thing - the basket handle. $20 to the first one interested in turning this into a piece of art, a lawn ornament, a towel rack, a large door pull, a chin-up bar, ...
Definately a towel rack!!! For the garage, because I'm pretty sure that anyone's significant other would REALLY have issue with THAT upgrade to the bathroom....
Old 02-23-2009, 04:20 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Actually, when I came to the States at the pick of yappiedom of the 80s here, I walked into Adesso, a fairly nice Boston modern furniture store, and saw a side table made out of a trunk lid from an E30 325i. Replete with the roundel, the model number and oddly attached black legs. I thought it was overpriced at $900 at the time. Now I think it was a bargain.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:37 PM
got*ki
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to confess that when I had the 964, the first cosmetic mod that I wanted to add on was the 993 basket handle.

If I still had the car, I would have snapped it up in a split second. At $20 that is/was an absolute deal! Looks like someone got a good deal....
Old 02-23-2009, 05:52 PM
mcpiaseczny
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All gone but the basket handle. Now I'm thinking that I like the idea of a 993 towel rack in the garage...

Quick Reply: Garage cleaning time