Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weltmeister Short Shift Issues/Instructions Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 04:39 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
Partying till 3 AM + coming down with a bad cold/sore throat = project on hold. Can't bring myself to crawl under the car today.
Mr. Cactus, sorry you're not feeling good. I feel for ya. Colds suck.
Funny thing I have noticed, adult beverages seem to make the cold feel better... a Margarita or two work well

As said above, the instructions and parts list are probably wrong. They may have changed something and just never updated it.
Test fit stuff and go from there. Maybe buy bolts if you have to.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

...... Second it looks like I have the wrong size bolts and I had to open the fork a little because it was bent together too much.........

.....jus dont beat on the forking fork anymore ....
Old 02-15-2009, 11:10 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

DiscoBoy,
nsullysizzler remarked that we may need to make a tech run up to Amish country and give you a hand...

Andreas
Old 02-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
DiscoBoy,
nsullysizzler remarked that we may need to make a tech run up to Amish country and give you a hand...

Andreas
Sick dawg! I will get back at it when I feel like I have a pulse again.... Off on Friday though
Old 02-16-2009, 08:59 AM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

A few years ago I bought that same Weltmiester short shifter and had the same issues. The yoke did not fit the slider part in the car. I realy wanted it to work so I started to file.cut etc... I could not use it, nor could I return it. I bought the Porsche short shifter thru Gert and another one from some other supplier. Using the different pieces I put together a real short nice working stick. I cut off a ball joint from one and welded it to the Weltmiester shift lever. By the way, the heim joints on the Weltmiester rod are too stiff, I went with the OEM rod.

I complained to Performance Parts about the shifter to no avail.

Good Luck Cactus, hope you get this working. A short shifter IS a great mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:28 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Off on Friday though
Hmmmm.....

Andreas
Old 02-16-2009, 11:08 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mr_bock
A few years ago I bought that same Weltmiester short shifter and had the same issues. The yoke did not fit the slider part in the car. I realy wanted it to work so I started to file.cut etc... I could not use it, nor could I return it. I bought the Porsche short shifter thru Gert and another one from some other supplier. Using the different pieces I put together a real short nice working stick. I cut off a ball joint from one and welded it to the Weltmiester shift lever. By the way, the heim joints on the Weltmiester rod are too stiff, I went with the OEM rod.

I complained to Performance Parts about the shifter to no avail.

Good Luck Cactus, hope you get this working. A short shifter IS a great mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
George,
Interesting. FWIW, the Heim joints I purchased from Pegasus Racing (for my homemade Weltmeister copy) are very smooth - not stiff at all. While spending more money to improve the Weltmeister setup seems assbackwards, it's an alternative.

Andreas

Quick Reply: Weltmeister Short Shift Issues/Instructions Needed!