Sponsored by:

RS-style Shift Rod or the "Golden Rod" and Wevo mounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009 | 08:44 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nile13
Mark, thanks!

I need to take the car back to the mechanic to turn the shifter around after the RS parts install (the dam thing ended up all the way forward, neutral is somewhere around where the 3rd was). So maybe it's time to install the rod as well. So... could you PM me pricing and all other pertinent info?
sure, PM sent
Old 04-20-2009 | 06:04 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mike993c2s
Today is a happy Sunday for me.

With Mark and Darin's help, we started taking the car apart to get to the engine carrier. The mufflers and cat came off first (good thing I got new bolts for the cat/heat exchanger since one's head sheared right off), then out came the heater block. Then it's the rear engine tin, and finally, the engine carrier itself. I..
so, do you consider removing the engine carrier a "relatively" doable task while leaving the engine in the car?

I've heard conflicting reports and since one of my stock mounts is puking goo, i'm trying to decide what plan to take.

thanks

Craig
Old 04-20-2009 | 06:28 PM
roche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Fool, I think '09 is road trip time.

Andreas
please stop (or at least slow down) the caravan in ohio so that i may join up.

how long do you think it would take to make it to cali?

we could make it a "smokey and the bandit" type run........................
Old 04-21-2009 | 01:54 AM
mike993c2s
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cgfen
so, do you consider removing the engine carrier a "relatively" doable task while leaving the engine in the car?

I've heard conflicting reports and since one of my stock mounts is puking goo, i'm trying to decide what plan to take.

thanks

Craig
Craig, it's definitely doable with the engine in the car, as others would tell you here. You would need something to support the engine while the carrier is out. I would recommend finding a helper if you plan on tackling this.

If you just want to replace the mounts, you don't need to touch the engine carrier. Going by what other listers suggested, I decided to reinforce the carrier since I went with stiffer mounts (Wevos are stiffer than RS mounts).

Quick Reply: RS-style Shift Rod or the "Golden Rod" and Wevo mounts