Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with Princeton Porsche???

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Safemoney
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with Princeton Porsche???

I am looking into a GR 98 at this dealership. I have had mixed comments regarding them. Wanted to get any knowledge from any RList experts.

Thanks
Old 02-06-2009, 12:20 PM
JasonF
Burning Brakes

They went to bat for me when my 997 turned out to be the biggest POS ever imported to these shores and got PCNA to give me some $$$ for my troubles.

The sales rep I worked with is no longer there, and they are very active in the local Porsche club (I'm not). I don't use them for service, but they supposedly have a couple of guys with air-cooled experience on staff. It's tough to get a PPI done since there are no local independent shops. I would recommend Possum Hollow Motorsports in Phoenixville. However, it's an hour away and the dealership may balk at such a distance. There's a place called "I Service" in Cherry Hill that's about 40 minutes away or so.

Good luck!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Safemoney
Racer

Thanks for your input.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
davesnothere
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonF
There's a place called "I Service" in Cherry Hill that's about 40 minutes away or so.
It's actually "I Service Imports", Fred Avery is your man. He used to do work on my BMW before I traded up to P-cars and moved out of the area.

Fred gets the coveted "davesnothere" seal of approval.

- Dave
Old 02-06-2009, 07:04 PM
fnckr
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 118 Posts

They provide plenty of after sales support and will do everything necessary to make it right. I know!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I highly recommend Princeton Porsche. It is the only Porsche Dealer in our area who understands the true Porsche "enthusiast", the person who knows and cares about the cars, uses their car for events from Concours to AutoX to DE to Club Racing. The GM participates in DEs, AutoXs, and is a Club Racer in a Cayman S, but owns several Porsches personally. They support the two local PCA Regions with sponsorships of an entire season of AutoX, the NJMP Club Race, etc. They are holding a Tech Session at their shop tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:52 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for PP.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:48 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Just be careful, unemotional and have a thorough PPI. Princeton gets many of their cars from auctions and they do limited reconditioning into their cars to make them "front line" ready. Some of their previous 993s were a bit misrepresented from old posts by some forum members.

With that said, the 1998 on ebay looks sweet so just be careful...as you should be with all preowned purchases.

Quick Reply: Experience with Princeton Porsche???