Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT-Kid Hauler A3 or S4 Avant

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:55 PM
CurBrwn79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might check out the new STI. I just have a hard time seeing myself in one of those cars (no offense to those who own them). I do agree the A3 is fancy GTI. My wife says the GTI is too "young looking" for me....what ever that means....and that the A3 fits better. The 2.0T matched with a six speed is an absolute blast to drive.

Regards the M5, I am kind of over BMW's for awhile. My wife's 4.4i X5 is nothing more than one head ache after another. I realize one is built in SC and the other is built in AG....Either way, still bitter after the $$ I have shelled out this year on that car. I had a E36 M3 that never had a problem. I just don't think they make them like they use to. Funny how I could care less how much I spend in maintenance on any of my previous P-Cars, but throwing money after any of my DD drives me crazy.

One other option that I have not mentioned is that I could use my work vehicle to do double duty as a kid hauler. Work supplies me with a E350 V10 Super Duty Van. I use the van to move my equipment from customer to customer. It has two captain chairs in the mid section and opens to a large set of double passenger side doors for easy access. It also has a hydro powered lift gate and tons storage in the rear, which is great for moving p-car parts as well! Big time eye sore....looks awful in the drive-way....

Only problem is that I don't think the captain's chair is it configured for a child seat. Is there an easy way to do this? For those who have experience with child seats, what are your thoughts?? Common sense would tell me you could buy an aftermarket kit, or perhaps it comes with the child seat?? Please excuse my ignorance....Although this is not the best option or most comfortable, it is a option....
Attached Images  

Last edited by CurBrwn79; 01-27-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:13 PM
gtroth
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife had a 2000A4 Avant 1.8T. Great car when right, but horrendous quality. Thousands and thousands in repair bills. Finally clutch went and left her stranded on the Merritt Parkway with two kids. Then found out it had sludged up even though it was well maintained. Basically walked away at ~70K miles (got $1200 needing $8K in repairs). Glad I'm out and I'm done with Audi.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:22 PM
CurBrwn79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Disregard my above questions about the booster seat in the Van. After a quick search on my local DMV website, it seems there is a ton of info on how to properly install a child seat in a seat that is not pre-configured from the factory. Appreciate everyone's feedback. I am going to still think about the above cars in question, as it is a pain to drive the van.

Only positive to using the van for baby duty is that I can possibly apply the funds from the kid hauler to another 993, which makes more sense to me...it's the wife I have to work on now.

Quick Reply: OT-Kid Hauler A3 or S4 Avant