Sponsored by:

Heater Flap Control Boxes Missing ..WTF

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Schnell 911
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Heater Flap Control Boxes Missing ..WTF

During a recent inspection, the mechanic said my heater boxes are missing and connector hoses to the exchangers are missing left and right. The connector hoses to the front heater tubes are still there. He indicated that if the connector hoses crack or wear they fall out...WTF. Has anyone experienced this snafu? Anyone have a pair of these heater flap control boxes laying around to sell me? Also and expanded view of the complete assembly would be helpful with part numbers. Can these be purchased aftermarket? Any help here would be of value, thanks.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:43 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dannen, that sucks. Sorry man..
If no one here has them the best route would probably be a pcar wrecker like Oaklahoma Foreign or DC auto.

Here is an online exploded view: http://dcauto.gotdns.com/illustration/index/19335361

If that isn't the stuff you are looking for the main exhaust parts page is here: http://dcauto.gotdns.com/section/index/3653095/202

You cannot rely on the catalog view for availability... gotta call them.

Sounds like you lost #6 because #7 deteriorated?
Hmm... guess that could happen but more often than not someone didn't tighten the clamps last time they were in there. It is easy to forget.
If you need a couple of peices of #7 let me know. I have some bulk material and can give you those.
Hopefully the formed hose at the other end is still there?!

Too bad you were tied up yesterday when Eric came by, would have been good to hang out and get some lunch.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Schnell 911
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
Too bad you were tied up yesterday when Eric came by, would have been good to hang out and get some lunch.
Thanks for the information, Porsche dealers want a fortune for the replacement parts..

PS; I wasn't tied up, LOL..The smuck never called me in the AM. I figured he went shopping at Wally World (WalMart)
Old 01-19-2009, 11:53 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dgetz993
Thanks for the information, Porsche dealers want a fortune for the replacement parts..

PS; I wasn't tied up, LOL..The smuck never called me in the AM. I figured he went shopping at Wally World (WalMart)
ah, even worse.
oh wait, you mean Eric? Thought you meant the buyer.

I added to the post above... if you need those 2 short hoses, let me know. Have that material.

There may be some here who have dumped the stock exhaust and heater parts... you might get lucky.
Also might be worth posting in the racing forum (under Perf and Comp)... highly likely more guys there have removed these parts and don't need them
Old 01-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

That does suck. For anyone running without the engine cover, it would be wise to check the condition of your heater control box hoses. I almost lost mine years ago when my hoses went bad, the boxes drooped down and got caught on rough pavement.

Quick Reply: Heater Flap Control Boxes Missing ..WTF