Sponsored by:

child seat in GT3 seat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:29 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default child seat in GT3 seat?

Has anyone mounted a child seat (not a booster seat but a child seat with belts) onto GT3 fixed back seats? If so what brand and model, and do you happen to have any pics? I finally got the airbag disable switch installed so now I need to find a seat that fits.

TIA
Old 12-24-2008, 02:59 PM
bobesser
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long did it take you from deciding to get the airbag disable switch until you actually had it installed. i.e. turn time on getting the paperwork through and wait time on the installer
Old 12-25-2008, 01:09 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Bummer you have fixed back otherwise, you can stick a seat, belt set up and everything in the back in the factory location...be too much of a drag trying to get a little one in and out w/the fixed back.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:18 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by bobesser
How long did it take you from deciding to get the airbag disable switch until you actually had it installed. i.e. turn time on getting the paperwork through and wait time on the installer
This is for my car in Hong Kong, so no need to get the government paperwork done....just gave the switch and the instructions to me tech and he installed it for a very reasonable price. It's not that difficult an install and I would have done it myself but I didn't want to mess with an explosive airbag!

Originally Posted by LA964RS
Bummer you have fixed back otherwise, you can stick a seat, belt set up and everything in the back in the factory location...be too much of a drag trying to get a little one in and out w/the fixed back.
The rails are modified so that the seats can move up a lot...I have decent access to the rear...enough for me to get in and out, but I prefer to have the seat up front. For the 997 a child seat in the passenger seat is a factory option, they will even install Isofix mount under the front passenger seat.

BTW I just saw the carbon fiber-backed new GT2 style seats in a 997 CS (the ones that recline and that I think Susnset has up on ebay)...they look awesome and fit great! Just too pricey

Quick Reply: child seat in GT3 seat?