993 Forum 1995-1998

Traffic Pro - no sound after install

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Craig W.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic Pro - no sound after install

(Yes, I've searched many many times and many word combos, never saw this answered)

I installed the traffic pro in my 98 C2S, with premium sound (amp under the seat). It replaced a 210.

It receives signals from the radio stations, but is silent. I saw in a post here about "jumping the amp trigger" or something along those lines. Can someone tell me exactly what that means, and how to do it?

Thank you!
Old 12-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Craig W.
Instructor

Does this look like the problem? Copied from this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...o-upgrade.html

"After 1 month of shipping delay I got the unit and installed it today in about 1 hour. The plugs at the back are completely identical to the stock CR-210. I simply unplugged the stock wiring, removed the stock headunit "cage" and plugged in the new unit. I found that the stock CDC worked perfectly, but I had no audio whatsoever.

Issue is in the C1 connector the #6 wire is supposed to be an amp trigger in the stock system, but in the new system it is a subwoofer output. I tapped into the A connector #7 wire (switched power) and ran it to the C1 connector and soldered it to the #6 wire. Voila! Sound!"
Old 12-17-2008, 01:44 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sounds right. It's been quite a while since I fooled with my upgrade but IIRC you're actually installing a jumper wire to get the amp to turn on. I'd suggest pulling the radio out but leaving it plugged in and using a piece of wire to jump C1-6 to A7 and see if you get sound (make sure the radio is on obviously). It should work and if it does then you can make a more permanent fix.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Craig W.
Instructor

Thanks 2Many, that was it exactly. Jumped that wire, and instant sound. Without having to do anything else except plug in the stock plugs, the unit also has speed sensing, and night/day change of the face plate. The only thing I did not bother with is the reverse sensor. I've done a couple of test drives, and the stereo, GPS and iPod all work perfectly.

For others who may find this in search, my car came with the CDR-210 and Hi Fi Option.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:15 PM
2Many Cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Enjoy the installation. It's a great upgrade IMHO.

Quick Reply: Traffic Pro - no sound after install