Sponsored by:

Got my 18 Work Wheels finally

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 02:48 PM
MrRoboto
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

rauh welt = porsche pr0n

Everyone said no to Japanese wheels to me too, but I wanted to be different and I wanted as light as possible (within financial reason) so the TE37's fit the bill....I've always been a function before form kinda guy with my cars and they've all turned out looking pretty bad-*** so I took the plunge.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:55 PM
travanx
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it was your car that got me into almost getting the TE-37's even though they aren't my favorite style. Your car looks very good. Since my SC'd RSX was faster than the 993, I figured I would go for a little nicer looks over the weight. My car gets even more looks and random thumbs ups and questions while driving since I put the wheels on.

And I can't believe I have never seen pictures of that Rauh Welt stuff. Now to go on a picture/video searching mission.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Mike M.
Instructor

Rauh Welt and AP-Design definitely helped inspire a clean drop on lowered modular wheels for me. BTW, those wheels that Rauh Welt spec are not DOT legal over here, as I believe they connect 2 inner barrels (?, or is it outer?) to obtain some insane offsets. I have also seen Rauh Welt use SSR Professor's SP1's, as SSR is another Japanese brand that offered Porsche fitment.

How long did it take for your Work wheels to come through (I'm assuming you ordered them custom?). I'm patiently awaiting shipping container status for my Work Meisters, hopefully by mid-February, but I do know they take a while (Volks take way longer for custom colors/blue, about 7-8 mos give or take?).

Nonetheless, I'm sure it's worth the wait. Did I mention your 993 looks sick with those Brombachers?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:57 PM
travanx
Pro

Thanks! These came faster than the custom sized volks I had on my RSX. I think once a stupid color was finally agreed upon it took about 3 months. It took me a month of going back and forth with the shop and the president of Work to come up with the color. So 4 months total. Every single color they said they would try got shot down as it wasn't up to their quality. I assume they shot part of the wheel and it didn't look right. The shop said their President is very picky with this.

I just need to wash the car and go take some pictures somewhere. I even have a nice Nikon DSLR and 18-200mm lens ready to be used.

I was looking at a deeper dish since that's what I have always wanted, but it turns out I don't like that really deep dish look on Porsches for some reason. Funny how some of my taste doesn't quite work on these cars in my mind. The best part though is that all it takes is lowering and new wheels to make the 993 so much better looking.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:57 PM
travanx
Pro

Thanks! These came faster than the custom sized volks I had on my RSX. I think once a stupid color was finally agreed upon it took about 3 months. It took me a month of going back and forth with the shop and the president of Work to come up with the color. So 4 months total. Every single color they said they would try got shot down as it wasn't up to their quality. I assume they shot part of the wheel and it didn't look right. The shop said their President is very picky with this.

I just need to wash the car and go take some pictures somewhere. I even have a nice Nikon DSLR and 18-200mm lens ready to be used.

I was looking at a deeper dish since that's what I have always wanted, but it turns out I don't like that really deep dish look on Porsches for some reason. Funny how some of my taste doesn't quite work on these cars in my mind. The best part though is that all it takes is lowering and new wheels to make the 993 so much better looking.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:25 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike M.
Rauh Welt and AP-Design definitely helped inspire a clean drop on lowered modular wheels for me. BTW, those wheels that Rauh Welt spec are not DOT legal over here, as I believe they connect 2 inner barrels (?, or is it outer?) to obtain some insane offsets. I have also seen Rauh Welt use SSR Professor's SP1's, as SSR is another Japanese brand that offered Porsche fitment.

How long did it take for your Work wheels to come through (I'm assuming you ordered them custom?). I'm patiently awaiting shipping container status for my Work Meisters, hopefully by mid-February, but I do know they take a while (Volks take way longer for custom colors/blue, about 7-8 mos give or take?).

Nonetheless, I'm sure it's worth the wait. Did I mention your 993 looks sick with those Brombachers?

Travanx - The wheel really do look great, both classic and classy

Mike - I have looked at the WORK Meister 3.pc wheels. Very nice. What color did you pick for the wheel centres? Any pictures?

Are these wheels different from the ones used on the Rauh-Welt cars? They certainly look the same...
Old 01-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Mike M.
Instructor

Hey Viggo,

Well, don't have pics yet, as it'll be at least a couple months out. Nonetheless, if it all pans out, the centers will be matte black (no gloss). I've got a feeling there will be some further logistics, so will just have to wait. And yes, they are somewhat the same basic design that Rauh Welt uses. Hopefully it's worth it.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:21 AM
travanx
Pro

How were you able to get the porsche lug config in other wheels? Did you just ask? I figured the Brombachers were the only Porsche fitting wheels when I got these!! Not like I am complaining too much or anything.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Mike M.
Instructor

The Meister in O Disk is able to be produced with a 5 x 130 bolt pattern, per Work's catalog. I verified if it was doable with Work, and being that they do the Brombacher, they confirmed that they could use the specs to make a Porsche wheel. Also, the other bonus is if what they say is true, OEM center caps can still be used (I intend to keep caps off for now). Nonetheless, it's just a waiting game for now, so we'll see how they end up in a few months. Before I start dropping too much info, just want to make sure my set comes out OK, and then I'll pass along what I did if it's successful.

BTW, for those that don't think Japanese wheels fit Porsche, I believe the BBS forged wheel series, including the RS and LM's are produced by Washi Beam in Japan.

Not this crazy as for offset, but the design should be something along the lines of this:

Old 01-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

A rarely seen wheel on a 993. You took a chance on the color and it paid off. Not many people buy gold colored wheels anymore but on the white palette of your car they look nice.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:29 PM
travanx
Pro

I was willing to try a lot of colors actually. Too bad they wouldn't do any of them! haha.

That's really cool that Work will do the Meister wheels, those are the other style I like from Work. I did want to go to the dealer and see about some way of getting the Porsche logo on my centercaps.

I don't get why you have to put german parts on german cars and japanese parts on japanese cars. Though it is crazy once you find out the japanese companies seem to make a lot of the Euro branded wheels.

BTW, Mike M., what color are you trying to get?

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
A rarely seen wheel on a 993. You took a chance on the color and it paid off. Not many people buy gold colored wheels anymore but on the white palette of your car they look nice.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Mike M.
Instructor

Originally Posted by travanx
BTW, Mike M., what color are you trying to get?
The order is placed for matte black centers, chrome rivets, polished lip. I can't wait to see them....
Old 01-23-2009, 12:39 AM
travanx
Pro

They didn't color my rivets the color I wanted, FYI.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:47 AM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike M.
The Meister in O Disk is able to be produced with a 5 x 130 bolt pattern, per Work's catalog. I verified if it was doable with Work, and being that they do the Brombacher, they confirmed that they could use the specs to make a Porsche wheel. Also, the other bonus is if what they say is true, OEM center caps can still be used (I intend to keep caps off for now). Nonetheless, it's just a waiting game for now, so we'll see how they end up in a few months. Before I start dropping too much info, just want to make sure my set comes out OK, and then I'll pass along what I did if it's successful.

BTW, for those that don't think Japanese wheels fit Porsche, I believe the BBS forged wheel series, including the RS and LM's are produced by Washi Beam in Japan.

Not this crazy as for offset, but the design should be something along the lines of this:

I have Work VSXX and should be pulling the rear off tomorrow/this weekend to test fit a Carrera 3 19x11. I'll check and see if the OEM center caps fit.

EDIT: Just tried it and the standard OEM caps do not fit the Work VSXX.

Last edited by WPOZZZ; 01-23-2009 at 06:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Got my 18 Work Wheels finally