Sponsored by:

Body shop recommendation - Cincinnati/Dayton

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Cincy_Ron
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Body shop recommendation - Cincinnati/Dayton

Need to get some deer damage fixed on my left front fender. The body shop that I've used before (Eastside on Beechmont ave) is booked until January. Thinking about getting an estimate from Precision off of Cincy-Dayton road. Are there any local guys on here that can recommend someone?
Old 12-04-2008, 07:44 PM
centerpunch
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 128 Posts

I think Precision supports local PCA stuff, but I personally do not have any experience with them.

I"ve used Blue Ash Auto Body for 20 years (fixed my '84 911, Mitsubishi Galant VR4, Honda Pilot, Audi S4), always liked results.

http://blueashautobody.com/index.php

(FYI, my wife smashed all those cars, not me!)
Old 12-05-2008, 11:43 AM
simpsoap
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There is a place in Dayton called Euro Classix's, I hear they do body work. They done service work for me in the past on my 330Ci and my 993, but no bodywork. Might be worth giving them a call.

http://euroclassix.com/

Speak with Dale, he owns the place. Tell him Andy Simpson told you to call.

Best of luck!
Old 12-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Cincy_Ron
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I stopped out at Precision yesterday and was really impressed with the place. The owner came out and checked out the car and talked to me for a bit. He's really in to Porsche's, has a bunch of racing and crew experience, and I just got a good vibe about the whole place. He had a GT3 in the shop that was gutted, roll cage, the whole 9 yards as far as a race car (owned by local guy Larry Schumacher). He let me crawl into the thing and check it out. Tight fit for me in those Recaro seats, I'm not sure if I'd be able to handle that tight of a fit on the track. Anyway, I'm dropping the car off on Monday to have the fender repaired, front bumper re-spray, and while it's there I'm going to have my passenger side door check repaired (welded where it's broken away from the pillar) and a small area on the passenger side rocker sprayed at the same time. From what I saw I have a feeling these guys do pretty good work. I'll know in about a week!
Old 12-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Jetmech
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my GT3 there earlier this year...and did a great job! two thumbs up! you can come over and look at my car if you like. I worked near by and stopped by a few times a week...they were very nice and let me chat with everyone. Tell them I sent you. Though you already made your mind.

And don't forget to join your local PCA club.

Quick Reply: Body shop recommendation - Cincinnati/Dayton