Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craftsman Lift N Secure jack system

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008 | 12:06 PM
Black993
Drifting

Default Craftsman Lift N Secure jack system

Just noticed that this setup is only $99 right now(down from $299.99). Has anyone had any experience with it? Just wondering how well it works and if its worth the money and will work on my lowered 993?
Old 11-25-2008 | 12:50 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

It may be a different system, but I seem to recall one of the Craftsman systems having a reputation for complete failure. Don't want to alarm you and I may have seen it on one of the Jeep forums now that I think about it. I know it is one of the reasons I ultimately went w/ the ESCO stands.
Old 11-25-2008 | 01:25 PM
bill930p
Racer

I was looking at this a few weeks ago. The price is great, however, if you look at the specs, the min. height is 5 1/2 inches. I think this is a little high for a lowered car. I have a low profile jack with a min. 3 1/4 inch saddle height, and it clears myy lowered 993 with about an inch to spare. In this case, it would not work.

I would go measure your clearance before you buy it.
Old 11-25-2008 | 01:49 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

I just finished reading reviews as it does seem like a great deal and idea. The reviews are mixed with safety as a concern and one guy says he needed 7" clearance. I'll pass.
Old 11-25-2008 | 01:57 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

A little off topic, but I just bought the craftsman professional ATV jack ($199) for motor drop. I opted for it versus the cheaper one due to the bad reviews (2 or 3 stars). Bottom line is that Im on my 3rd jack now. The first one was bent right out of the box and the second one piston broke under the weight of the 993 motor. Thankfully, the motor was down and the piston broke in the fully retracted position. Ill be using the 3rd jack to raise the motor back into the car.

I opted for the craftsman since it has the longest 1 year no question asked warranty. If you go for any jack, Id suggest verifying its operation in the store prior to purchase. Id also make sure you hold onto the receipt and make sure it carries NLT a 1 year warranty.BTW, Harbor Freight only had a 90 day warranty on their jacks to short in my opinion on any aluminum jack.

I think Sears may be having quality issues with their jacks coming from China. It seems hit and miss. Some guys rave about how well they work, others curse them brand new. They are a great price, but as my dad used to say - dont risk life or limb under any hydraulic piston without redundant support.
Old 11-25-2008 | 05:15 PM
Black993
Drifting

Excellent. Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to pass on this. Should have gotten in on the Esco flat-top deal a while back
Old 11-25-2008 | 05:39 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Black993
Excellent. Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to pass on this. Should have gotten in on the Esco flat-top deal a while back
I believe from what Steve G. said that the group buy price should still be good on the next shipment.

Quick Reply: Craftsman Lift N Secure jack system