Sponsored by:

Ready to replace the Power Steering Belt - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:46 PM
nsully
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mr Bock,
With the car up in the air and very little working room you have access to the sensor. However, it may be difficult to set the clearance. Maybe a feeler gauge bent in the shape of an "L"?
The wires then go through the sheet metal and I believe they connect into the harness behind the blower. You may get some working room if you lower the engine mounts a bit.
Are you sure you need to replace the sensor?
Neil
Old 04-19-2009, 02:31 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by nsully
Are you sure you need to replace the sensor?
Neil
Neil,

Thanks for the information... seems that this is doable.
I will be checking a couple of things first. I have the TPC Supercharger kit on my car. All was well with the VA State Emissions testing until the State changed how the test is done (from spinning the driven wheels with a sensor tube up the tail pipe to just reading the OBD II codes). My car is showing faults for misfire in cylinders 3 & 6. Not too long ago, the plug wires, spark plugs, rotors/caps were replaced. I don't notice any misfire but maybe it is very slight.

The Supercharger 'black box' has a wire connection to the flywheel position sensor and may be compromised. I was told by TPC that the sensors are susceptible to EMI interference. I have to check to see it the wire shielding is messed up at the connection. Not sure if there is a software fix that I can do, nor did they offer one.

I am not sure if any other TPC Supercharged cars are having similar issues with emissions testing. If anyone who has this and found a fix, please let me know!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
George

Quick Reply: Ready to replace the Power Steering Belt - Need Advice