Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS DAS rollbar (993 Sunroof Coupe)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 08:44 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

The bar is sold. Congrats Dan. Just in case any of you were wondering how to ship a roll bar, it is a PITA. I bought three rolls of bubble wrap, one roll of packaging cling wrap, one roll of the heavy duty woven packaging tape and a roll of regular packing tape. I used a box that my eruo bumper came in (stand by for photos, car is in the body shop now getting paint) and cut it down to size. I also cut down two heavy duty boxes that I used to ship wheels (created a platform on the bottom of the box and two layers of protection all around. I was careful not to let any tape touch the bar (lesson learned the hard on my first 993). This one should survive the trip without a problem. It took me a little over an hour to get it set up. The bar weighs 50 lbs and I bet there's another 20 lbs in cardboard and packaging. We'll see what the shipping charges end up costing.
Attached Images    
Old 11-08-2008, 10:01 PM
fredcalero
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great job prepping it for shipment. I am looking for a DAS roll bar just like this one.
Keep the photos coming of your interior work.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Nollie
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Glen for helping me along my slippery slope. Stage 2 (safety) is well on its way now with the DAS bar. Nice packaging, I can't wait to unwrap it. It'll be like an early holiday! I'll post pics once it's in the 4S.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Nollie
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Bar arrived with no issues. Doesn't seem like it got banged up at all on the bus ride over. I finally was able to get the bar in yesterday. Took a few hours but I managed, last bolt was a PITA. Took another Rennlister's advice and bolted the front in first. Only a few issues with the install (putting the bottom bar in upside down even though Glen warned me , and the seat belt return didn't work on the driver's side since it wasn't "just" right). It'll come back out when I do the carpet but I figured I might as well throw the rear deck in so I can have music again now that the Moton canisters have a new home inside the cabin. Glad to have the bar, great doing business with you Glen.

Quick Reply: FS DAS rollbar (993 Sunroof Coupe)