Sponsored by:

Cab Top Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 09:55 AM
dp2boy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cab Top Question

I snapped one of the cables that loweres the top but I would like to take the car out with the top down until I get it fixed. The problem is that the darn giant red warning light comes on when I lower the top manually. Any work arounds or ways to get the light to go out ?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:58 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, hitting the little "!" switch on the center console will turn the big warning light off, but I assume you knew that.

The smaller idiot light in the gauge will stay lit when the top is down, but you could always pull the gauge and remove that bulb if it bothers you.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:08 AM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vjd3
Well, hitting the little "!" switch on the center console will turn the big warning light off, but I assume you knew that.

The smaller idiot light in the gauge will stay lit when the top is down, but you could always pull the gauge and remove that bulb if it bothers you.
+1... I just hit the ! button and it goes out. I would love to get the other one turned off too, but I'm not sure how aside from pulling the bulb.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:28 AM
dp2boy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I guess the real fix is to commit a day and fix the cable. I guess I'll carry a piece of black tape for my night drives until then !
Old 11-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Brent Spinks
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pulling the bulb takes about five to ten minutes. Keep it in the ash tray until the repair.

Quick Reply: Cab Top Question