They're here.......Stage III

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:50 AM
Eric S
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default So how's the gate business?

Hey Darin,
Now you've got everybody all worked up. I don't think you'll be welding too many more gates. Can't wait to hear em!

Let me know when those tips get powder coated and I'll make a run down to change em out. Got to get those altered WB black beauties on in place of my malaligned morphed NB tips.

Keep it up, That Black Beast center exhaust is going to stir things up a bit too. All those TT guys that can't wait to be heard!

Talk to you soon,

Eric
Old 11-05-2008, 04:54 AM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Darin, I still don't see a solid answer to the RSR question... Can the Stage III be applied to RSRs?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Schnell 911
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Darin - No resonance, nice....now that's what I have been talkin about...Yes, Eric I am worked up, LOL.. Laguna was a blast and D thanks for the BD shots I am very interested in the mod... 707-287-2534 How about the mod to my Dansk to eliminate that 45mph to 55mph resonance? Too much cabin noise for me as of late especially those longer drives. Dannen
Old 11-05-2008, 10:23 AM
bart1
Race Car

Originally Posted by Michael S.
Darin, I still don't see a solid answer to the RSR question... Can the Stage III be applied to RSRs?

From page 2...

Can this mod be done to RSRs? If so, I may very well be interested. I also wish for an agressive sound... We'll see what the RSRs sound like with DACH's SportCats first... But, I like it loud!

Yes, I can . Stage III is a complete redesign, so all I need is the muffler shell.
Sport cats or cat bypass and this muffler would be an absolute MONSTER!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:17 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also asked Darin this question. The answer is that the Stage III mufflers are a complete redesign, e.g has nothing to do with RSRs. Stage III mufflers can be made from RSRs (first undoing everything RSR) or standard mufflers. Thus the short and simple answer to your question is: No. (E.g you can't do the Stage III mod to the RSRs. The end result is either RSRs or Stage IIIs). At least, that's my understanding.

If you are interested in selling your RSRs, shoot me a PM. GL either way .
Old 11-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

All,

Thanks for the explanation... So, if the DACH SportCat/RSR combination isn't loud enough, I'll sell my RSRs and buy a set of Stage IIIs.

I'll be in touch when I get the SportCats!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:11 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric S
Hey Darin,
Now you've got everybody all worked up. I don't think you'll be welding too many more gates. Can't wait to hear em!

Let me know when those tips get powder coated and I'll make a run down to change em out. Got to get those altered WB black beauties on in place of my malaligned morphed NB tips.

Keep it up, That Black Beast center exhaust is going to stir things up a bit too. All those TT guys that can't wait to be heard!

Talk to you soon,

Eric
Eric, the tips were supposed to be back last Friday, but they didn't get them done, so now it's this Friday.

Yes, I can. (see below)

Originally Posted by dgetz993
Darin - No resonance, nice....now that's what I have been talkin about...Yes, Eric I am worked up, LOL.. Laguna was a blast and D thanks for the BD shots I am very interested in the mod... 707-287-2534 How about the mod to my Dansk to eliminate that 45mph to 55mph resonance? Too much cabin noise for me as of late especially those longer drives. Dannen
Not sure if I can get the resonance out of those pipes you have. I thought you had a set of stock cans lying around, if so, then we can do something!

Originally Posted by vhanzon
I also asked Darin this question. The answer is that the Stage III mufflers are a complete redesign, e.g has nothing to do with RSRs. Stage III mufflers can be made from RSRs (first undoing everything RSR) or standard mufflers. Thus the short and simple answer to your question is: No. (E.g you can't do the Stage III mod to the RSRs. The end result is either RSRs or Stage IIIs). At least, that's my understanding.

If you are interested in selling your RSRs, shoot me a PM. GL either way .
I don't feel right selling a product I did not create, and now with the Stage III mod, I can use the muffler that were exchanged to me as cores. I will reply to your pm this am.

All,

Thanks for the explanation... So, if the DACH SportCat/RSR combination isn't loud enough, I'll sell my RSRs and buy a set of Stage IIIs.

I'll be in touch when I get the SportCats!
Yes, I can turn your RSRs into Fister Stage IIIs. I just wanted to be clear that I am not using the RSR as a platform for Stage III. Stage III's begin life as an empty can, with a completely reconstructed interior. No element of stock or RSR mufflers remain.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:56 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Surj-993C2S
Darin - I am sold - please PM me a price and lets get this on asap.

dayum.

Are you sure......? PM sent
Old 11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice Darin, they sound great from the outside. I guess I need to make a trip down to hear what they sound like from the inside.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:25 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ibdavid
Nice Darin, they sound great from the outside. I guess I need to make a trip down to hear what they sound like from the inside.
They sound really good on the inside. You can definitely hear them, but they are not that loud inside...it's amazing. And none of that drone we used to get from the other pipes we both used to have....you know what I'm talking about. I need to put together a lunch gathering at the shop again.....just soooo busy!!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 05:03 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Darin, you are causing a lot of people grief and this needs to stop.

Took a trip to Mendocino this weekend and had a chance to really hear the Stg Is thru the twisty stuff and loved them. But was thinking even more sound would be good and was seriously considering some Stg IIs, but now you've gone and done this! What were you thinking!!
Old 11-05-2008, 05:29 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by prshguy
Hey Darin, you are causing a lot of people grief and this needs to stop.

Took a trip to Mendocino this weekend and had a chance to really hear the Stg Is thru the twisty stuff and loved them. But was thinking even more sound would be good and was seriously considering some Stg IIs, but now you've gone and done this! What were you thinking!!
Yeah Roger, he is a bit obsessive sometimes.

I got to be the "aural test dummy" and heard a few versions before this final one. I liked some of the previous but, wow, this one did it.
We went for a ride and I could not believe how livable it was inside the car. No droning or resonance.

Outside, a whole other story. It was hard to keep my child-like giggling off of the video when taping the drive-bys. What a fantastic noise these cars can make!
Old 11-05-2008, 07:27 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You two are like kids in a candy store.

Just out of curiosity, and this is of course pretty subjective, how would you rate the increase in sound from Stage I to Stage II and then to Stage III? If memory serves I would say there was about a 30% increase from the 1s to the IIs?
Old 11-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Darin, put me down for the black wb tips as well!

Email sent...
Old 11-05-2008, 09:36 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MarkD
Yeah Roger, he is a bit obsessive sometimes.
If that aint the pot calling the kettle black!!!!!

Originally Posted by prshguy
You two are like kids in a candy store.

Just out of curiosity, and this is of course pretty subjective, how would you rate the increase in sound from Stage I to Stage II and then to Stage III? If memory serves I would say there was about a 30% increase from the 1s to the IIs?
It is very subjective, but these babies definitely are not timid. Going from Stage Is to Stage IIIs will be very noticable. I just drove with them all day today, and I still can't believe how great they sound. Absolutely viscious on hard acceleration, and when you let off or down shift, they fall into this amazing burble.

Originally Posted by Surj-993C2S
Darin, put me down for the black wb tips as well!
Email sent...
Surj, got your email. We'll talk soon!

Quick Reply: They're here.......Stage III