Sponsored by: DashLynx

About cowel/fender seal replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 01:00 AM
rbeggs
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default About cowel/fender seal replacement

There is a tack weld at the rear-most portion of the fender beside the 2nd bolt that holds the fender to the body. When DIY'ers talk about using a screwdriver to separate the fender from the body enough to remove and replace the seal, am I to assume this weld is not an issue?

Thanks,

RB
Old 10-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just did mine about a month ago, it must be just a bunch of glue or something because it didn't interfere with my replacing the seal at all. BTW, I used a curved bladed punch/scraper instead of a screwdriver, allowed me to move the fender further w/out bending that tab out too far. I also used a thick fiber wet towel to clean out the crack when the old gasket was removed, lots of dirt down there.

Another tip, don't expect the gasket to just slide right down there all the way. You will need to slide it down a mm at a time going from the front to the back. You will want to keep it aligned to the front under the trunk lid as you're doing it and the holes will line up.

All in all took me about 1 hr. to do the first side and less than 30 min. to do the other.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:59 AM
rbeggs
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info Bill.

RB

Quick Reply: About cowel/fender seal replacement