Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008 | 06:51 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Default Suspension Question

Something I have noticed lately that I have not felt before...but that doesn't mean it wasn't there before. I am a suspension noobie....so it is more a curiousity that a problem. First the set-up:

PSS9
Lowered (significantly)
1.5 deg Neg camber (all around)
H&R sways

The big sways were the most recent change....and maybe coincide with the behavior I describe below. Car is FANTASTIC on the track, nice and neutral.

BUT...I have noticed when driving on the road that when I am changing lanes, or more accurately, with a mild steering input with maintenance power, if I lift when slightly turning, the car will move noticably in the steered direction with the lift. Doesn't feel like a bump steer and it is equal in both directions and the same regardless of road camber. Whatever the dynamics, they have no impact on the track, but it feels like something is changing when the weight of the car moves forward (from the lift) that pulls it a little in the direction of the steering input. Not noticable on harder turns...only "lane change" type.

Again, seems to be only recent and maybe appeared at the time of the Sway install...but I just haven't been paying attention.

The car is not tail happy on the track.

any thoughts?....or is the answer obvious???
Old 10-28-2008 | 09:52 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Dave,

There can be several reasons for such behavior and the things I would check are:

1) Tire pressures

2) F&R alignment settings (especially rear kinematic toe)

3) Suspension bushings

Please let me know what you find.
Old 10-28-2008 | 10:59 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Thanks Steve.

Quick Reply: Suspension Question